    when it says "press F6 to read from floppy")

    Is it possible to use USB floppy drive or USB key?
    , Aug 21, 2006

  2. Toolman Tim Guest

    wrote:
    > I don't have an internal floppy drive installed and don't want to
    > install one (ugh, just the thought makes me want to vomit)
    >
    > So how can I add SATA RAID drivers during XP installation? (The part
    > when it says "press F6 to read from floppy")
    >
    > Is it possible to use USB floppy drive or USB key?

    I do believe the USB floppy should work, but I doubt the USB key will.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 21, 2006

  3. Margolotta Guest

    On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 19:26:03 +0100, wrote
    (in article <>):

    > I don't have an internal floppy drive installed and don't want to
    > install one (ugh, just the thought makes me want to vomit)
    >
    > So how can I add SATA RAID drivers during XP installation? (The part
    > when it says "press F6 to read from floppy")
    >
    > Is it possible to use USB floppy drive or USB key?

    Er, no, it doesn't say "Press F6 to read from floppy" it says "Press F6 to
    install SATA driver" (or words to that effect).IT states nothing about
    reading from floppy, just prompts you to install the driver.

    Ever heard of CDs?
    Margolotta, Aug 21, 2006
  4. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > I don't have an internal floppy drive installed and don't want to
    > install one (ugh, just the thought makes me want to vomit)
    >
    > So how can I add SATA RAID drivers during XP installation? (The part
    > when it says "press F6 to read from floppy")

    All PCs should have a floppy drive. Your dilemma is a PERFECT example
    why.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Aug 22, 2006
  5. Margolotta enlightened us 24hoursupport.helpdesk - (ab)users with:

    > On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 19:26:03 +0100, wrote

    >> Is it possible to use USB floppy drive or USB key?
    >>

    > Er, no, it doesn't say "Press F6 to read from floppy" it says "Press
    > F6 to install SATA driver" (or words to that effect).IT states nothing
    > about reading from floppy, just prompts you to install the driver.
    >
    > Ever heard of CDs?

    Unfortunately XP doesn't want to release it's own install cd at this
    time, and hardware detection hasn't yet found a 2nd drive (if present).
    But USB floppies work, when the BIOS supports them, as is with all the
    new floppieless computers and laptops.
    Walter Mautner, Aug 22, 2006
  6. Guest

    , Aug 22, 2006
  7. Guest

    , Aug 22, 2006
  8. Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 17:31:38 +0000, frodo Has Frothed:

    > make a slipstream'd CD w/ raid drivers included:
    >
    > http://www.maximumpc.com/how_to/reprint_2005-01-05.html

    Not Found
    The requested URL /how_to/reprint_2005-01-05.html was not found on this server.

    Meat Plow, Aug 22, 2006
  9. Malke Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 17:31:38 +0000, frodo Has Frothed:
    >
    >> make a slipstream'd CD w/ raid drivers included:
    >>
    >> http://www.maximumpc.com/how_to/reprint_2005-01-05.html

    > Not Found
    > The requested URL /how_to/reprint_2005-01-05.html was not found on
    > this server.

    I got this one by Googling "slipstream RAID drivers XP":
    http://www.maximumpc.com/2005/01/how_to_slipstre.html

    There are a lot of other interesting links from that search, too:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=slipstream RAID drivers XP&btnG=Search

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers