    do this.

    Thanks for your help

    John

    John, Dec 7, 2003

  2. John

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    John <> wrote in news:lub5tv8iftost1g3r6oq1804r8povh9m9b@
    4ax.com:

    > I just wondered how you can add your own logo to the address bit in
    > explorer for your website so that the default 'e' for explorer wont be
    > there. There's one or two sites in every ten that somehow manage to
    > do this.

    It depends. Internet Explorer fetchs /favicon.ico from the server if you
    bookmark the site. Other browsers like Mozilla Firebird do the standard
    thing and if the page has:
    <link rel="Shortcut Icon" href="whatever.jpg">
    it fetches the icon for use in the title bar and bookmarks menu.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Dec 7, 2003

  3. John

    Dan Guest

    On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 04:45:22 +0000, John <> wrote...
    | I just wondered how you can add your own logo to the address bit in
    | explorer for your website so that the default 'e' for explorer wont be
    | there.

    http://www.favicon.com

    - return address is altered slightly to reduce spam.

    Dan, Dec 7, 2003