Adding On Processors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KangaJack, Aug 5, 2006.

  1. KangaJack

    KangaJack

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Processor
    2.00[I want 2.20] gigahertz Intel Celeron
    8 kilobyte primary memory cache
    128 [ I want 512] kilobyte secondary memory cache

    Is there any way of getting the processor to get to the numbers
    what are []. Any way of incressing them and it's a DELL computer!

    What is secondary Memory Cache?

    My email address is AndreiPC2012@SBCglobal.net

    P.S.

    I'll add much more information of my computer if you need!

    KangaJack, Aug 5, 2006

  2. KangaJack

    The Gardener

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    you have to check the MB specs to see what processor it will accept and upgrade. (better to just sell that dell and build.)

    The Gardener, Aug 10, 2006

  3. KangaJack

    KangaJack

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    I have returned :)

    KangaJack, Jan 7, 2009
  4. KangaJack

    technoplume

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2009
    Messages:
    55
    U can only upgrade a CPU by changing it. Primary and secondary are also caled L1 and L2 cache. There memory to store the CPU programming and space to make calculation. Since the transfer of data between RAM and CPU is slower from mounted L1 and L2 memory layer the perfect balance get the most performance out. The CPU also use them has a buffer to reduce the wait time for data transfer from the ram to his core. Today processor also have L3 sometimes. There are a lot of talk about the fact that more is faster or less is faster. Personnaly, it all come down to the modo/RAM/cpu u chose. Some work better toghther than other. But in the end the performance is not realy available to the naked eye. To change your L1 and L2 u will need a new CPU to but on your mobo. U might need to change the RAM to fit the FSB of your new CPU. Make sure the PSU is capable to take the new current requirement. Hell u might just need a new Mobo to get the newest CPU on the market. LOL ok ok ^^, check the mobo user guide it will tell u what RAM and CPU u can use. Also check the web site for Guide update on your mobo. Then look up on ebay, u might find a CPU for cheap $$, Keep the old one in case ^^. If u have the 600$ I would say not to bother whit this and get a new PC from BestBuy or the like. Unless your a player then u need an extra 1k for 2 vid card. Then I recommend a more specialyse PC store.

    technoplume, Jan 12, 2009