    system? I have access to it by way of a network right now and am
    scanning it through the network. I found so far one trojan, and
    still scanning. Any ideas?

    lbbss, Feb 11, 2008

  2. lbbss

    joevan Guest

    Re: Adding old Hard drive as slave on new system, Scan first through Network?

    On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 22:41:45 -0800 (PST), lbbss <>
    wrote:

    >I bought a new computer and will add the old hard drive as slave on
    >the new system. I have had viruses in the past. And I suspect I
    >could have a virus still on my hard drive that is not detected. How
    >do I make sure it is totally clean before adding it to my new
    >system? I have access to it by way of a network right now and am
    >scanning it through the network. I found so far one trojan, and
    >still scanning. Any ideas?

    Get Kaspersky and scan away. I believe they have a trial period if you
    don't have the cash to pay for it.

    joevan, Feb 11, 2008

  3. lbbss

    lbbss Guest

    That is not the problem. I have Norton on my old computer, But I know
    sometimes if you have been infected its hard to clean up your
    system. I suspect there might be a problem. I can't select any
    scan locations from Norton anymore. But the schedule scans still
    operate fine. Its proof enough that its compromised, since I found
    now 2 viruses and one Trojan, by scanning through the network. tx

    lbbss, Feb 11, 2008
  4. lbbss

    sdlomi2 Guest

    "lbbss" <> wrote in message
    > That is not the problem. I have Norton on my old computer, But I know
    > sometimes if you have been infected its hard to clean up your
    > system. I suspect there might be a problem. I can't select any
    > scan locations from Norton anymore. But the schedule scans still
    > operate fine. Its proof enough that its compromised, since I found
    > now 2 viruses and one Trojan, by scanning through the network. tx
    >
    >> Get Kaspersky and scan away. I believe they have a trial period if you
    >> don't have the cash to pay for it.

    Hi, lbbss. Have you ever heard it said, "I'd about as soon have the
    viruses (virii?) as to have Norton on my computer"? ...may be a tad of
    truth beneath that irony.;) s

    sdlomi2, Feb 11, 2008
  5. lbbss

    dadiOH Guest

    lbbss wrote:
    > I bought a new computer and will add the old hard drive as slave on
    > the new system. I have had viruses in the past. And I suspect I
    > could have a virus still on my hard drive that is not detected.
    > How do I make sure it is totally clean before adding it to my new
    > system? I have access to it by way of a network right now and am
    > scanning it through the network. I found so far one trojan, and
    > still scanning. Any ideas?

    Format the old drive.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Feb 11, 2008
  6. lbbss

    Plato Guest

    lbbss wrote:

    > I bought a new computer and will add the old hard drive as slave on
    > the new system. I have had viruses in the past. And I suspect I
    > could have a virus still on my hard drive that is not detected. How

    A virus on a second drive can phark your primary drive in about a
    second.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Feb 15, 2008