    MBytes

    Does this mean each slot can only take 768MBytes? or does it mean in total?

    I want to add 512 MBytyes, does it look like it is possible?
    Nameless Wonder, Jun 16, 2005

  2. Nameless Wonder

    doS Guest

    It means total.

    doS, Jun 16, 2005

  3. why would they provide 3 slots if the total memory is 768MBtyes?

    So I can only add 256mbtyes!

    How easy is this process as I have never opened up my pc before and do not
    want to **** my pc up.

    Nameless Wonder, Jun 16, 2005
  4. Nameless Wonder

    doS Guest

    try 3x256.....

    doS, Jun 16, 2005
  5. Nameless Wonder

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Nameless Wonder wrote:

    > why would they provide 3 slots if the total memory is 768MBtyes?
    >
    > So I can only add 256mbtyes!
    >
    > How easy is this process as I have never opened up my pc before and do not
    > want to **** my pc up.

    You purchase the right memory, open the box up and plug the memory into one
    of the open slots and be done with it.

    You should make sure you turn off the power to the machine first before
    sticking your hand in there. ;-)

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jun 16, 2005

  6. > You should make sure you turn off the power to the machine first before
    > sticking your hand in there. ;-)

    LOL! good advice.
    Nameless Wonder, Jun 16, 2005
  7. Duane - How would I go about increasing my ram to 1024 and possibly 2gig,
    what parts of my pc do I need to upgrade?

    Nameless Wonder, Jun 16, 2005
  8. Nameless Wonder wrote:

    > Duane - How would I go about increasing my ram to 1024 and possibly 2gig,
    > what parts of my pc do I need to upgrade?

    Well, if your mobo takes a max of 768, and you want to add more, you
    will need to replace your mobo with something that accepts more ram.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jun 16, 2005
  9. Mobo?

    Nameless Wonder, Jun 16, 2005
  10. Nameless Wonder

    Pat Guest

    On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 17:24:20 +0100, "Nameless Wonder"
    <> wrote:

    >Mobo?

    Motherboard

    --
    Pat
    Pat, Jun 16, 2005
  11. Nameless Wonder

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Nameless Wonder wrote:

    > Duane - How would I go about increasing my ram to 1024 and possibly 2gig,
    > what parts of my pc do I need to upgrade?

    These are some example links of mobo(s) with specs and prices. You can find
    a site like TigerDirect and get on the phone and they will tell you what
    mobo if any will work as a replacement for your current setup.

    http://tinyurl.com/cxghn
    http://tinyurl.com/gufk

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jun 16, 2005