adding laptop to network

Discussion in 'Software' started by paulvangrieken, Nov 26, 2008.

  1. paulvangrieken

    paulvangrieken

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Hi all,
    I just signed in because I have a problem with my network.
    I hope someone can help me out.

    I have a small network at home.
    1 server and 2 pc's.
    All connected to a router which is also a DHCP.
    They all are in the workgroup called "grieken".

    Now I want to add a laptop with W2000 prof.
    I also put this laptop in the workgroup "grieken".
    I have connection to the internet, and it works.
    The laptop has got a unique IP adress.
    I can ping the server.
    But the server does not see the laptop and the laptop can not see the server.
    The only thing the laptop sees is the workgroup "grieken".
    And thats all.
    The server is running in W2000 server.

    The laptop is on the network now for 24 hours and still no connection to the server.

    Well,
    any idee.

    At this moment I am in my office so I cannot try anything right now.
    Any sugestion that needs trying most be done in the evening at home. But I can come back with the result the next day.

    All the best,
    Paul van Grieken
    netherlands

    paulvangrieken, Nov 26, 2008