    to NTFS and add as a second drive in my current system.

    Can someone help me with the proper way to do this.

    Thanks,

    Chuck, Dec 21, 2004

  2. Chuck

    HF Guest

    Head for the drive mfrs website and look thru the FAQ and/or also download
    their drive instal software.You can also simply instal as slave(you may have
    to alter boot drive settings as well) and do all you want.Look at
    www.computerhope.com too

    ==----------

    =-----
    HF, Dec 21, 2004

  3. Chuck

    Trent© Guest

    On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:20:30 -0500, "Chuck" <>
    wrote:

    >I have a 20 gb hard drive from another computer. I would like to reformat
    >to NTFS and add as a second drive in my current system.
    >
    >Can someone help me with the proper way to do this.
    >
    >Thanks,

    1. Install it into the computer.

    2. Set it up for NTFS.

    Have a nice one...

    Trent©

    Trent©, Dec 21, 2004
  4. "Chuck" <> wrote in message
    >I have a 20 gb hard drive from another computer. I would like to reformat
    >to NTFS and add as a second drive in my current system.

    Assuming you using XP, just hook the drive up as a 2nd drive and do it from
    within windows, using Disc Management.

    Start/ Control Panel/ Performance Maintenance/ Admin Tools/ Computer
    Management.
    OR just type "compmgmt.msc" in the Run box
    Click on 'Disk Management' in the left pane then in the right pane right
    click the drive you wish to format and chose format from the list. (note
    this will NOT work for the C: Drive, obviously!)

    HTH

    TCO
    The Continental Op, Dec 23, 2004