    Sorry, never had any luck using the cisco website product selector thingies
    to find this sort of thing out - is it just me or is the site difficult to
    use?

    John Smith, Mar 11, 2005

  2. "John Smith" <> writes:
    >Is it possible to add an extra ethernet port to a 2610 router? If so which
    >slot would it go in?

    You'd get an NM-1E (for 1 10Mbps port) and put it in the NM slot
    (ie. the one thats to the left of the box looking at it from the rear).

    Make sure not to get an NM-1FExxx as no FastEthernet ports are
    supported in the NM slots on the 26xx series routers. (no XM or XM).

    >Sorry, never had any luck using the cisco website product selector thingies
    >to find this sort of thing out - is it just me or is the site difficult to
    >use?

    Yeah, its not the easiest thing to use, but just think of how many
    parts that Cisco has.. Just takes some experience to go through their
    product catalog and find what you need, especially with older gear.

    Doug McIntyre, Mar 11, 2005

  3. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    many thanks Doug.

    John Smith, Mar 12, 2005
  4. John Smith

    Merv Guest

    The 2610 routers do support Fast Ethernet NM modules .
    I have a NM-1FE-TX modules in my 2610 as can be seen from the output fo
    sh diag:

    sh diag

    Slot 1:
    Fast-ethernet Port adapter, 1 port
    Port adapter is analyzed
    Port adapter insertion time unknown
    EEPROM contents at hardware discovery:
    Hardware revision 1.0 Board revision H0
    Serial number 25207545 Part number 800-03490-02
    FRU Part Number: NM-1FE-TX=

    Test history 0x0 RMA number 00-00-00
    EEPROM format version 1
    EEPROM contents (hex):
    0x00: 01 44 01 00 01 80 A2 F9 50 0D A2 02 00 00 00 00
    0x10: 88 00 00 00 01 03 06 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF

    Merv, Mar 13, 2005