Adding ethernet ports to 1720 router with WIC-4ESW

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Bob, Apr 6, 2005.

  1. Bob

    Bob Guest

    I'm trying to add another Ethernet port to a Cisco 1720 access router.
    It's got a WIC-1T card in slot 0, and we've purchased a WIC-4ESW card
    for the second slot. It's advertised as being compatible with
    Cisco 1700 series routers. We've upgraded the flash memory to 16MB,
    and the IOS software to 12.3(3g), which seems to be the latest and
    greatest available.

    However, the router does not recognize the card.
    The output of "show diag" is:

    WIC Slot 1:
    Unknown WAN daughter card-Version 4 TLV Cookie Format
    Hardware Revision : 1.0
    Part Number : 73-8958-01
    Board Revision : C0
    Deviation Number : 0-0
    Fab Version : 01
    PCB Serial Number : FOC08481W4L
    RMA Test History : 00
    RMA Number : 0-0-0-0
    RMA History : 00
    Top Assy. Part Number : 800-24817-01
    Connector Type : 01
    Unknown Field (type 00CF): 00 12 80 06 69 C8
    MAC Address block size : 20
    Product (FRU) Number : WIC-4ESW
    CLEI Code : IPMED00BRA

    (non-relevant sections omitted)

    Can anyone tell me how to get the card to work in this router? Do I
    need a different IOS version? I'm really just trying to get a second
    Ethernet port on the router -- do I have to go with the 1-port card
    instead?

    Thanks in advance!

    Bob, Apr 6, 2005

  2. Bob