    thanks

    Hal
    , Feb 7, 2006

  2. dave Admin Guest

    In the DHCP console expand the scope, there should be a "Scope Options"
    icon. Right click and select Configure Options
    The options show up in a dialog box. When you actually select an option you
    will be able to fill in the parameters

    daveM

    dave Admin, Feb 7, 2006

  3. Guest

    dave Admin wrote:
    > In the DHCP console expand the scope, there should be a "Scope Options"
    > icon. Right click and select Configure Options
    > The options show up in a dialog box. When you actually select an option you
    > will be able to fill in the parameters
    >
    > daveM
    >

    > <> wrote in message
    > >I need to add custom options to a predefined DHCP scope for our Mitel
    > > phones on Windows 2003 server. I've done this once before but
    > > misplaced my notes during our move. I can go into DHCP scope options
    > > and see and edit all the options but even in advanced there is no "add
    > > new". Can someone point me in right direction?
    > >
    > > thanks
    > >
    > > Hal

    I have followed these instructions only to find that when I delete and
    add a predefined option, 132 and 133 which I must change for my Mitel
    phones, the options revert back to their default setting when the scope
    is restarted, any thoughts?
    , Mar 8, 2006
  4. Guest

    dave Admin wrote:
    > In the DHCP console expand the scope, there should be a "Scope Options"
    > icon. Right click and select Configure Options
    > The options show up in a dialog box. When you actually select an option you
    > will be able to fill in the parameters
    >
    > daveM
    >

    > <> wrote in message
    > >I need to add custom options to a predefined DHCP scope for our Mitel
    > > phones on Windows 2003 server. I've done this once before but
    > > misplaced my notes during our move. I can go into DHCP scope options
    > > and see and edit all the options but even in advanced there is no "add
    > > new". Can someone point me in right direction?
    > >
    > > thanks
    > >
    > > Hal

    I have followed these instructions only to find that when I delete and
    add a predefined option, 132 and 133 which I must change for my Mitel
    phones, the options revert back to their default setting when the scope
    is restarted, any thoughts?
    , Mar 8, 2006
  5. gsingle

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    How to remove MS standard 132 and 133 DHCP tags

    This is only a problem on Windows 2003, MS fixed this by removing tags 132-136 from Windows 2003 R2.

    You can remove the predefined tags 132 and 133 (134-136 as well, if you like) as follows:

    1. Export the DHCP database to a text file using the command - netsh dhcp server dump > c:\test.txt
    2. Edit the text file by removing the references to 132 and 133 options
    3. Save the changes made to the text file.
    4. Stop DHCP Server
    5. Rename the old DHCP database file dhcp.mdb to dhcp.old. The file is stored in %systemroot%\system32\dhcp
    6. Restart the DHCP server
    7. Import the edited text file with the command - netsh exec c:\test.txt
    8. Stop the DHCP server
    9. Run jetpack on the new database - jetpack dhcp.mdb temp.mdb
    10. Restart the DHCP server.

    Then you can add the Mitel tags as you require.

    Graham
    gsingle, Jul 14, 2006