    God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising!
    http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.myspace.com/502748630
    Born 29 Jan 1969 Redhill,Surrey,England UK

    The Doctor, Jan 15, 2010

  2. 2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) writes:
    >What command line do you need?
    >I have a 3845 HSEC/K9 with IOS 12.4

    For doing what?

    Running OSPFv3?
    ipv6 router ospf 1234

    If you want something more relavent, you'll have to tell us what you
    are trying to accomplish.

    Doug McIntyre, Jan 15, 2010

  3. The Doctor

    The Doctor Guest

    In article <4b50a23d$0$33861$>,
    Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    >2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) writes:
    >>What command line do you need?
    >>I have a 3845 HSEC/K9 with IOS 12.4

    >For doing what?
    >
    >Running OSPFv3?
    > ipv6 router ospf 1234
    >
    >If you want something more relavent, you'll have to tell us what you
    >are trying to accomplish.

    Got you,

    A client is bringing over his AS Number and wants me to broadcast it.

    We are not BGP/multi-homed at the moment.
    --
    Member - Liberal International This is Ici

    The Doctor, Jan 15, 2010
  4. 2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) writes:
    >A client is bringing over his AS Number and wants me to broadcast it.

    >We are not BGP/multi-homed at the moment.

    Okay, you don't broadcast an AS number.

    You can BGP announce a netblock, originating from your AS. The AS
    number is just a unique ID used to talk BGP with your upstream peers,
    it has no more signifigance than an ID number.

    If you don't have any netblocks to announce, there's nothing really that
    you can do with an AS number.

    If you do have a netblock that needs to be BGP announced, and want to
    start doing BGP, you'll first need to talk to your upstream about
    becoming a BGP peer with them and what you want to do. Most likely
    they will need to know what netblock and AS number you will be
    announcing it from in order to setup the filtering that they will most
    likely implement, or setup inside some sort of RRDB that they generate
    their filters from. You'll also want to figure out if you are doing
    BGP authentication with your upstream peer and what the key should be.

    Assuming that your upstream doesn't just do the BGP announcement for
    you, and that you want to do it..

    A simple BGP setup would be something like

    router bgp 1234
    no synchronization
    bgp log-neighbor-changes
    bgp dampening
    network 10.0.0.0/24
    neighbor 11.0.0.1 remote-as 4321
    neighbor 11.0.0.1 password oooooooohh
    neighbor 11.0.0.1 version 4
    neighbor 11.0.0.1 prefix-list my_netblocks out

    ip prefix-list my_netblocks description Our allowed routing announcements
    ip prefix-list my_netblocks seq 5 permit 10.0.0.0/24
    ip prefix-list my_netblocks seq 10 deny 0.0.0.0/0 le 32

    But, you'll need to talk to your upstream about much of this as well.

    Doug McIntyre, Jan 15, 2010