adding a PS2 to a PC

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by --+--Raven--+--, May 5, 2004.

  1. I was wondering if anyone knows someone who has built a PlayStation 2 into
    their computer or know where information would be to do this? Thanks a lot.

    --+--Raven--+--, May 5, 2004

  2. --+--Raven--+--

    AdamC Guest

    "--+--Raven--+--" <I@hate_spam.com> wrote in message
    news:_rYlc.18215$bS1.14798@okepread02...
    > I was wondering if anyone knows someone who has built a PlayStation 2 into
    > their computer or know where information would be to do this? Thanks a

    lot.

    Is this also possible with the XBox?

    Adam

    AdamC, May 5, 2004

  3. "AdamC" <> wrote in message
    > > I was wondering if anyone knows someone who has built a PlayStation 2

    into
    > > their computer or know where information would be to do this? Thanks a

    > lot.

    > Is this also possible with the XBox?
    >
    > Adam

    I saw in an issue of Maximum PC where someone put together a system with a
    PS2, XBox and a GameCube. They never said how, but they did say that they
    were all working.

    --+--Raven--+--, May 5, 2004
  4. --+--Raven--+--

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    --+--Raven--+-- wrote:

    > I was wondering if anyone knows someone who has built a PlayStation 2 into
    > their computer or know where information would be to do this? Thanks a lot.

    Depends on what you want to achieve. By this I mean how you want to
    integrate it into the system as far as display goes.

    A few years ago I built a Nintendo 64 into a case with a Celeron 433 and
    could either run the Nintendo in a window, and using the system
    speakers, or through another monitor and small audio system. I no
    longer have any pictures of it to show you I am afraid, but it was built
    into a large server case with the cartridge slot built into one of the
    external drive bays.

    Video was brought into the system via a capture card through aa AV
    switch used in reverse. (normally these switches are wired with three
    inputs to one outlet. I found they worked fine in reverse, with one
    input to switch between three outlets.) The casing was removed from
    the switch unit, and it was mounted inside the case with only the switch
    visible on the outside. Video from the Ninentendo came into the switch
    unit, and two of the outlets were used, one going directly to Video In
    on my capture card and line in on my sound card, and one going to
    another video out and audio out mounted on the back of the case.

    If I wanted to use the computer monitor I played the game either full
    screen or in a window through my tuner card program. To play on an
    external monitor I slid the AV switch to external and used another
    monitor I had with direct AV inputs.

    If your PC case is large enough you can build anything into it! Just
    work out what you want to do with it once it is in there.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, May 5, 2004
  5. --+--Raven--+--

    msi Guest

    www.techtv.com
    search there, they did it, they added all the consoles into a pc case.

    msi, May 5, 2004