    manager? I see you can delete sites, but there seems no way to add them.

    TIA

    Dirk
    Dirk, Oct 27, 2003

  2. Dirk

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Dirk wrote:

    > I use Mozilla 1.4 & like the convenience of the Password Manager.
    > Occasionally though, there is a site for which the "Do you want to remember
    > the values you filled in?" option never appears, like the login window for
    > my Netbank accounts. I have made sure no url resembling the Netbank login
    > appears in the password manager, either under already saved passwords or
    > under "never save passwords for this site", yet no matter how often I log in
    > there, no prompt to save the info ever appears. How can I get the prompt to
    > appear for this site, or is there a way to manually add sites to password
    > manager? I see you can delete sites, but there seems no way to add them.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Dirk

    Many web sites block saving of forms and password data for security
    reasons. There is a way to get around that on some sites. It doesn't
    work on all sites but it might work on your bank one.

    http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html#remember_password
    http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/ - explains bookmarklets

    --
    Ed Mullen - Mozilla Champion
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Oct 27, 2003

  3. > Dirk wrote:
    >>I use Mozilla 1.4 & like the convenience of the Password Manager.

    Actually, I have a question about this regarding TB & Newsgroups. I have
    the username & pw saved in the password manager for each NG but after
    a while it will ask for that all over again. Is there a way to save it
    permanently or so that it doesn't ask me to re-input it on the NG's I
    check infrequently

    --
    |Demoness Abigor|net.goth|The Pinkest Deceptagon in da world!
    | | http://goddess_abigor.livejournal.com
    |AIM|AbigorBot|
    |Josh: you mentioned Transformers! and didn't use the words "are lame"
    in the same sentence! you are my dream girl!
    Demoness Abigor, Oct 28, 2003
  4. Demoness Abigor wrote:

    >> Dirk wrote:
    >>
    >>> I use Mozilla 1.4 & like the convenience of the Password Manager.

    > Actually, I have a question about this regarding TB & Newsgroups. I have
    > the username & pw saved in the password manager for each NG but after a
    > while it will ask for that all over again. Is there a way to save it
    > permanently or so that it doesn't ask me to re-input it on the NG's I
    > check infrequently

    Just keep inputting and saving. Its frustrating, but, eventually TB
    will learn to access the account from all possible access points,
    without needing the username/password combination.

    I went through this with the Worldnet inetnews groups. Drove me nuts
    for two weeks, then TB learned. Now I only get the request the first
    couple of times I access a new group.

    Lee
    --
    Leonidas Jones
    Mozilla Champion
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 28, 2003
  5. Dirk

    Dirk Guest

    Ed-Thanks for the reply, the bookmarklet doesn't seem to do the trick,
    assuming I'm using it right. I gather then that there isn't just some way
    to edit a list of sites/passwords somewhere?

    Dirk

    Dirk, Oct 28, 2003