Adding a Newsgroup, 70-272...

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Elsie, Jul 19, 2008.

  1. Elsie

    Elsie Guest

    Just in case this is helpful to somebody else using the same book:
    Self-Paced Training Kit, Walter Glenn, Microsoft 2004 (Chapter 4, 4-26): ...
    the procedure to join a newsgroup is the same in either Outlook or Outlook
    Express...

    ....and this Knowledge Base link:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902929/

    The third time I tried out the procedure, I discovered this...

    I did in fact see a subtle change to the title bar of this window from the
    previous one which read like this:

    "microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcdst - Microsoft Outlook Newsreader",

    "microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcdst - Outlook Express"

    ....and I verified from within Microsoft Outlook Newsreader's window by
    clicking Help | About..

    These two different title bars are in fact the same program "Outlook
    Express"

    ....I got confused by the subtle change of text displayed in the title bar...
    into thinking that I was configuring Outlook instead of Outlook Express when
    I was following the objective of the task: "To configure Outlook News to be
    the new default newsreader..." as explained in the book...

    So Lawrence Garvin gave was spot on in his reply to my earlier posting - and
    I now understand why.

    Thanks for this

    Elsie

    Elsie, Jul 19, 2008