    in the right direction?
    --
    Elsie

    Elsie, Jul 17, 2008

  2. "Elsie" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    > When typing an email address that is associated with an account - how do I
    > mask the e-mail account name to protect the user from unsolicited junk
    > e-mail?
    > I've not done this before with my own email accounts. I have searched
    > Help
    > and Support, but can't get appropriate result. Can this community point
    > me
    > in the right direction?

    I think you may be confused.

    First, Outlook 2003 doesn't support access to newsgroups.

    For that, you need Outlook Express or Windows Mail.

    As to how do you "mask the email account name"...

    You put a dummy address in the FROM block (e.g. or
    main)

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin, Jul 19, 2008

  3. Elsie

    Elsie Guest

    "Lawrence Garvin" wrote:

    > "Elsie" <> wrote in message
    > I think you may be confused.
    >
    > First, Outlook 2003 doesn't support access to newsgroups.
    >
    > For that, you need Outlook Express or Windows Mail.
    >
    > As to how do you "mask the email account name"...
    >
    > You put a dummy address in the FROM block (e.g. or
    > main)

    ....Thanks for this...
    > Senior Data Architect, APQC, Houston, Texas

    > http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    This newsgroup is now configured using Outlook Express.

    The lesson tells me to use Outlook 2003... I agree I'm confused,
    I'm working from a Microsoft self-paced Training Kit for exam 70-272 (Walter
    Glenn, 2004, Lesson 2, Chapter 4)

    It didn't work in two ways:

    Outlook News appears long enough to see it on the reading pane, but it all
    disappears when I close the application and then reopen Outlook2003 again.

    and the menu item 'News' below the 'Go' menu also disappears even from the
    Customize list... curiosity spurred me on, and...

    I followed a knowledge base article: KB902929 - and managed to place the
    'News' item back in the 'Go' menu once again (and see an appropriate looking
    reading pane on Outlook2003 itself again).

    Elsie

    Elsie, Jul 19, 2008