    I had been looking at the vivitar 285 but that's looking like it will be
    manual which I don't think I'm thrilled about...maybe the sony flash?

    HELP!
    michael, Jun 7, 2004

  2. michael

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <>,
    "michael" <no more spam> wrote:

    > I'm looking to add a flash to my sony to extend the range and be able to
    > take a better picture indoors.
    >
    > I just went down to my local camera shop to pick one up along with a
    > bracket....but they told me that any flash I put on that is going to be
    > manual only, that there wasn't a sync port, and that it wouldn't do ttl with
    > any flash other than the onboard.
    >
    > Can someone help me? I don't know much at all about the technical side of
    > taking pictures, just the composing of the picture.
    >
    > I had been looking at the vivitar 285 but that's looking like it will be
    > manual which I don't think I'm thrilled about...maybe the sony flash?
    >
    > HELP!

    Metz has a shoe to dedicate to the 717/828 cameras.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
    Bob Salomon, Jun 7, 2004

  3. michael

    michael Guest

    > Metz has a shoe to dedicate to the 717/828 cameras.

    I'm sorry...what does that mean?
    michael, Jun 7, 2004
  4. michael

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <>,
    "michael" <no more spam> wrote:

    > > Metz has a shoe to dedicate to the 717/828 cameras.

    > I'm sorry...what does that mean?

    That means flash units made by Metz will dedicate to Sony 717/828
    cameras with the proper flash shoe on the Metz flash. Go to a Metz flash
    web site and you will find descriptions of what is available.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
    Bob Salomon, Jun 7, 2004
  5. michael

    Larry Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > In article <>,
    > "michael" <no more spam> wrote:
    >
    > > > Metz has a shoe to dedicate to the 717/828 cameras.

    > > I'm sorry...what does that mean?

    > That means flash units made by Metz will dedicate to Sony 717/828
    > cameras with the proper flash shoe on the Metz flash. Go to a Metz flash
    > web site and you will find descriptions of what is available.

    The Sony Cyberview 717 DOES NOT USE TTL!!!

    It has a simple garden variety single center-contact hot shoe.

    Even if you purchase the $ 200 flash from Sony and use the special acc. cable
    the camera only uses the flash in manual.

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.
    Larry, Jun 7, 2004
  6. michael

    michael Guest

    > The Sony Cyberview 717 DOES NOT USE TTL!!!
    >
    > It has a simple garden variety single center-contact hot shoe.
    >
    > Even if you purchase the $ 200 flash from Sony and use the special acc.

    cable
    > the camera only uses the flash in manual.

    What if I bought one of these that say that they work with the onboard
    flash...(slave flash...I know the word I know little about how it all
    works)....or is the main difference not that it flashes but how much light
    it will give off?

    mb
    michael, Jun 8, 2004