Adding a file to an existing CD-R

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by tony ritter, Oct 28, 2004.

  1. tony ritter

    tony ritter Guest

    Greetings all,

    I'm using:
    Nero Express 6

    Win98
    Pentium II @ 350mhz

    I was able to burn a file from my hard drive onto a CD-R using Nero Express
    6.

    However, I am having difficulty burning an additional file on _subsequent_
    sessions.

    My steps were to:

    1. Drag file into Interface
    2. Hit burn (burn icon on the lower right part of interface)
    3. It burns file
    4. CD-R ejects after the prompt to save

    5. Insert CD-R, the file is there.

    6. Go through the same steps as before by dragging another file into the
    interface, hit burn, etc.

    However, when re-inserting the disc, the orginal file is there but not the
    additional one which I thought I just added.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    TR

    tony ritter, Oct 28, 2004

  2. tony ritter

    Drifter Guest

    On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:58:11 -0400, "tony ritter"
    <> wrote:

    >Greetings all,
    >
    >I'm using:
    >Nero Express 6
    >
    >Win98
    >Pentium II @ 350mhz
    >
    >I was able to burn a file from my hard drive onto a CD-R using Nero Express
    >6.
    >
    >However, I am having difficulty burning an additional file on _subsequent_
    >sessions.
    >
    >My steps were to:
    >
    >1. Drag file into Interface
    >2. Hit burn (burn icon on the lower right part of interface)
    >3. It burns file
    >4. CD-R ejects after the prompt to save
    >
    >5. Insert CD-R, the file is there.
    >
    >6. Go through the same steps as before by dragging another file into the
    >interface, hit burn, etc.
    >
    >However, when re-inserting the disc, the orginal file is there but not the
    >additional one which I thought I just added.
    >
    >Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    >Thank you,
    >TR

    You've probably closed the disk and the session. Read the helpfiles.

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."

    Drifter, Oct 28, 2004

  3. tony ritter

    fruitbat Guest

    "tony ritter" <> wrote in message
    > Greetings all,
    >
    > I'm using: Nero Express 6
    >
    > I was able to burn a file from my hard drive onto a CD-R using Nero
    > Express 6.
    >
    > However, I am having difficulty burning an additional file on _subsequent_
    > sessions.

    On the last screen of FINAL BURN SETTINGS before you click the word "burn"
    there is a check box "Allow files to be added later". Make sure that you
    check this box..

    fruitbat, Oct 28, 2004
  4. tony ritter

    HF Guest

    Go look at www.cdrfaq.org
    > Greetings all,
    >
    > I'm using:
    > Nero Express 6
    >
    > Win98
    > Pentium II @ 350mhz
    >
    > I was able to burn a file from my hard drive onto a CD-R using Nero

    Express
    > 6.
    >
    > However, I am having difficulty burning an additional file on _subsequent_
    > sessions.
    >
    > My steps were to:
    >
    > 1. Drag file into Interface
    > 2. Hit burn (burn icon on the lower right part of interface)
    > 3. It burns file
    > 4. CD-R ejects after the prompt to save
    >
    > 5. Insert CD-R, the file is there.
    >
    > 6. Go through the same steps as before by dragging another file into the
    > interface, hit burn, etc.
    >
    > However, when re-inserting the disc, the orginal file is there but not the
    > additional one which I thought I just added.
    >
    > Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    > Thank you,
    > TR

    ---

    HF, Oct 30, 2004
  5. tony ritter

    tony ritter Guest

    In article <1838f67$>, 21.co.uk, a.k.a HF
    says...
    > Go look at www.cdrfaq.org

    Ok. I went to look at it. Now what?

    tony ritter, Oct 30, 2004
  6. tony ritter, <>, the woebegone,
    ill-begotten salad tosser, and employee who makes items for sale from vacuum
    cleaner dust-bag emptyings, enunciated:

    > In article <1838f67$>, 21.co.uk, a.k.a
    > HF says...
    > > Go look at www.cdrfaq.org

    > Ok. I went to look at it. Now what?

    Read it.

    <aside: fucking gormless ****>

    --
    Lunch was nice;

    Soured cadaver foreskins and baboon muscle vinegar accompanied with sun
    dried discarded douchebags and kitten offal garnish garnished with marinated
    earwax balls and chive dressing, simmered in a gurgling bucket with a slew
    of bloody bamboo, flavourless cooked shrimp and anchovy, vegetable oil, a
    side of parsnip and a glass of creamed duck shit.

    Lord Atherton Hobblechet-Dipperway, Oct 30, 2004