    what is the best way to get a separate number for the fax?

    Syd
    Norwich

    Syd Hancock, Jun 3, 2005

  2. "Syd Hancock" <> wrote in message
    news:d7ourf$cf8$2surf.net...
    > I'm thinking of getting an ATA with two phone connectors (e.g.
    > Sipura 2000) to use with a handset and a fax. If I use sipgate
    > what is the best way to get a separate number for the fax?
    >
    > Syd
    > Norwich

    Set up a second account with Sipgate.

    The Cable Guy, Jun 3, 2005

  3. Syd Hancock

    Syd Hancock Guest

    The Cable Guy wrote:

    > "Syd Hancock" <> wrote in
    > message news:d7ourf$cf8$2surf.net...
    >> I'm thinking of getting an ATA with two phone connectors (e.g.
    >> Sipura 2000) to use with a handset and a fax. If I use sipgate
    >> what is the best way to get a separate number for the fax?
    >>
    >> Syd
    >> Norwich

    > Set up a second account with Sipgate.

    OK, thanks, so presumably that means that the sipura can be
    programmed with two separate accounts? Does that also mean that
    I could use it with two different IP phone providers?

    Syd

    Syd Hancock, Jun 3, 2005
  4. Syd Hancock

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Syd Hancock wrote:
    > The Cable Guy wrote:
    >

    >> "Syd Hancock" <> wrote in
    >> message news:d7ourf$cf8$2surf.net...
    >>> I'm thinking of getting an ATA with two phone connectors (e.g.
    >>> Sipura 2000) to use with a handset and a fax. If I use sipgate
    >>> what is the best way to get a separate number for the fax?
    >>>
    >>> Syd
    >>> Norwich

    >> Set up a second account with Sipgate.

    > OK, thanks, so presumably that means that the sipura can be
    > programmed with two separate accounts? Does that also mean that
    > I could use it with two different IP phone providers?

    Yes.

    Be aware that getting fax to work over VoIP is reported to be somewhat
    problematic, many users have reported problems. I haven't tried it yet
    myself so can't comment.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 3, 2005
  5. "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > Syd Hancock wrote:
    >> The Cable Guy wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Syd Hancock" <> wrote in
    >>> message news:d7ourf$cf8$2surf.net...

    >>> Set up a second account with Sipgate.

    >> OK, thanks, so presumably that means that the sipura can be
    >> programmed with two separate accounts? Does that also mean that
    >> I could use it with two different IP phone providers?

    > Yes.
    >
    > Be aware that getting fax to work over VoIP is reported to be somewhat
    > problematic, many users have reported problems. I haven't tried it yet
    > myself so can't comment.
    >
    > Ivor

    I've successfully received faxes on my Sipgate number & sent using 1899

    The Cable Guy, Jun 3, 2005
  6. Syd Hancock

    TheDragon Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > Syd Hancock wrote:
    >> The Cable Guy wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Syd Hancock" <> wrote in
    >>> message news:d7ourf$cf8$2surf.net...

    >>> Set up a second account with Sipgate.

    >> OK, thanks, so presumably that means that the sipura can be
    >> programmed with two separate accounts? Does that also mean that
    >> I could use it with two different IP phone providers?

    > Yes.
    >
    > Be aware that getting fax to work over VoIP is reported to be somewhat
    > problematic, many users have reported problems. I haven't tried it yet
    > myself so can't comment.
    >
    > Ivor

    No problems at all sending and recieving faxes on my BTBBV line. 14.4k every
    time.

    Not tried a fax that can go any faster.

    TheDragon, Jun 3, 2005
  7. Syd Hancock

    Marc H.Popek Guest

    Re: adding a fax line voip and pstn line switch

    You could use a voip and pstn line switcher, like combine a line and receive
    fax on a pstn and out bound long distance over voip, this way you have a
    good solid land line for faxes and local presence.

    Marco
    TELEPHONE VOIP 2 Line AUTOMATIC SWITCH
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5781745368&rd=1&sspagenam
    e=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1