    possible.

    Thanks

    Ed

    Ed, Mar 13, 2005

  2. Ed

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Ed" <ed@not_a_real_email_address.com> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Can anone reccomend , would like it assigned a ip by router if
    > possible.
    >
    > Thanks

    What kind of server is this going on? Routers don't have USB. How would you
    plug it in? Most network storage is done in a box with ethernet connections,
    which do the IP thing you want.

    If you plug the USB drive into your server and share it, your other users
    have access to it. You don't need any special USB unit, any would work.

    Toolman Tim, Mar 13, 2005

  3. Ed

    Dave Lear Guest

    Dave Lear, Mar 13, 2005
  4. Ed

    none Guest

    Ed wrote:
    > Can anone reccomend , would like it assigned a ip by router if
    > possible.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Ed

    Only after you sober up.
    --
    Parko: spelled backwards is...
    Ya gotta larf.

    none, Mar 13, 2005
  5. Ed

    jda^fx Guest

    On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 17:19:22 -0500, Ed wrote in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Can anone reccomend , would like it assigned a ip by router if
    > possible.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Ed

    I saw a Netgear thing once wich was pretty cool. Two harddisks, could
    set up to either mirror or just be larger. Had netname as well, so it
    would function both in DHCP invironment with \\netname\ and with
    assigned IP, had ftp server to turn on or off so it could be used in
    multible OS invironments. Could be used as storage or scheduled
    backup.
    --
    jda^fx

    jda^fx, Mar 13, 2005
  6. Ed

    Ed Guest

    I dont think you get it.
    If I gave a USB drive and I want to connect it to a network, I would
    use a type of usb to ethernet adapter that would receive ip thru dhcp
    and be on the network wirelessly.

    Ed, Mar 14, 2005
  7. Ed

    Ed Guest