    grateful if someone could point me in the right direction

    thanks

    John
    //// Owen \\\\\\\\, Sep 13, 2007

  2. //// Owen \\\\ wrote:
    > I have added a 500MB Seagate Barracuda which is now my system drive, and
    > I've reformatted my old 160 MB drive.
    >
    > So... what do I put on the old drive (I'm using a 300MB external drive
    > for backing-up) I read I should put my swap file on the old drive, but
    > I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction

    I'm going to be charitable to you and simply remind you, I doubt that
    you are talking about MB's on all these drives.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 13, 2007

  3. ////  Owen \\\\\\\\

    ded Guest

    "//// Owen \\\\" <> wrote in message
    >I have added a 500MB Seagate Barracuda which is now my system drive, and
    >I've reformatted my old 160 MB drive.
    >
    > So... what do I put on the old drive (I'm using a 300MB external drive for
    > backing-up) I read I should put my swap file on the old drive, but I'd be
    > grateful if someone could point me in the right direction
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > John

    GB, not MB.
    Is it XP, if so leave it to windows to assign the swap file based
    on installed RAM.
    The formatted 160gb hard drive, well you now have an additional
    back up HD.
    ded, Sep 13, 2007
  4. Rôgêr wrote:
    > //// Owen \\\\ wrote:
    >> I have added a 500MB Seagate Barracuda which is now my system drive,
    >> and I've reformatted my old 160 MB drive.
    >>
    >> So... what do I put on the old drive (I'm using a 300MB external
    >> drive for backing-up) I read I should put my swap file on the old
    >> drive, but I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right
    >> direction

    > I'm going to be charitable to you and simply remind you, I doubt that
    > you are talking about MB's on all these drives.

    Oh God........... ANOTHER senior moment. I did originally wite mB !!!
    //// Owen \\\\\\\\, Sep 13, 2007
  5. ded wrote:
    > "//// Owen \\\\" <> wrote in message
    >> I have added a 500MB Seagate Barracuda which is now my system drive,
    >> and I've reformatted my old 160 MB drive.
    >>
    >> So... what do I put on the old drive (I'm using a 300MB external
    >> drive for backing-up) I read I should put my swap file on the old
    >> drive, but I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right
    >> direction thanks
    >>
    >> John

    > GB, not MB.
    > Is it XP, if so leave it to windows to assign the swap file based
    > on installed RAM.
    > The formatted 160gb hard drive, well you now have an additional
    > back up HD.

    Thanks. I do use XP. I was just wondering if there was anything I should
    let reside on the old drive.
    //// Owen \\\\\\\\, Sep 13, 2007
  6. ////  Owen \\\\\\\\

    cizzo Guest

    Re: Added Second Hard Drive, now what?

    On Sep 13, 11:21 am, "//// Owen \\\\\\\\" <> wrote:
    > ded wrote:
    > > "//// Owen \\\\" <> wrote in message
    > >> I have added a 500MB Seagate Barracuda which is now my system drive,
    > >> and I've reformatted my old 160 MB drive.

    > >> So... what do I put on the old drive (I'm using a 300MB external
    > >> drive for backing-up) I read I should put my swap file on the old
    > >> drive, but I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right
    > >> direction thanks

    > >> John

    > > GB, not MB.
    > > Is it XP, if so leave it to windows to assign the swap file based
    > > on installed RAM.
    > > The formatted 160gb hard drive, well you now have an additional
    > > back up HD.

    > Thanks. I do use XP. I was just wondering if there was anything I should
    > let reside on the old drive.- Hide quoted text -

    You do not need to leave any files on the old drive. I assume you are
    using the new drive as your primary master with XP on it, and your
    secondary you can simply use for storage. Just format the secondary
    (old) drive with NTFS and you're good to plop stuff on there.
    cizzo, Sep 13, 2007
  7. //// Owen \\\\ wrote:
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >> //// Owen \\\\ wrote:
    >>> I have added a 500MB Seagate Barracuda which is now my system drive,
    >>> and I've reformatted my old 160 MB drive.
    >>>
    >>> So... what do I put on the old drive (I'm using a 300MB external
    >>> drive for backing-up) I read I should put my swap file on the old
    >>> drive, but I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right
    >>> direction

    >> I'm going to be charitable to you and simply remind you, I doubt that
    >> you are talking about MB's on all these drives.

    > Oh God........... ANOTHER senior moment. I did originally wite mB !!!

    Uh. That's supposed to be better?

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Sep 13, 2007
  8. Re: Added Second Hard Drive, now what?

    > You do not need to leave any files on the old drive. I assume you are
    > using the new drive as your primary master with XP on it, and your
    > secondary you can simply use for storage. Just format the secondary
    > (old) drive with NTFS and you're good to plop stuff on there.

    Thank you. I shall start plopping.
    //// Owen \\\\\\\\, Sep 14, 2007
  9. ////  Owen \\\\\\\\

    VanguardLH Guest

    "Owen" wrote in message news:IZdGi.164446$fJ5.95493@pd7urf1no...
    > I have added a 500MB Seagate Barracuda which is now my system drive,
    > and I've reformatted my old 160 MB drive.
    >
    > So... what do I put on the old drive (I'm using a 300MB external
    > drive for backing-up) I read I should put my swap file on the old
    > drive, but I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right
    > direction

    See a doctor regarding your alzeihmer's disease. Only you know why
    you thought you needed another hard drive.
    VanguardLH, Sep 14, 2007
  10. >> I have added a 500MB Seagate Barracuda which is now my system drive,
    >> and I've reformatted my old 160 MB drive.
    >>
    >> So... what do I put on the old drive (I'm using a 300MB external
    >> drive for backing-up) I read I should put my swap file on the old
    >> drive, but I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right
    >> direction

    > See a doctor regarding your alzeihmer's disease. Only you know why
    > you thought you needed another hard drive.

    Now, now.....steady on.... Alzheimer's has nothing to do with making
    typos. Maybe "alzeihmer's" does. And, I needed a new HD because my 160GB
    drive was full to the point that I couldn't defrag it. That seems a pretty
    good reason to buy a new drive.
    //// Owen \\\\\\\\, Sep 15, 2007