    charge.

    We could use a skype system, but would prefer to call via the existing
    phones, rather than via computer

    Simon, Aug 18, 2006

  2. Simon

    Graham Guest

    "Simon" <> wrote in message
    news:5YoFg.12228$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > We have a office pabx (7 phones).
    >
    > If we install a router with VOIP on the office is it possible to add a new
    > phone to the company pabx?
    >
    > or at least be able to call the office/office to call the employee without
    > charge.
    >
    > We could use a skype system, but would prefer to call via the existing
    > phones, rather than via computer

    What make of PABX?
    OK, 7 extensions, but how many exchange lines?
    and are they ISDN or analogue (POTS) lines.

    If they are POTS lines, does the switch have any spare capacity, or are you
    prepared to lose an exchange line?
    If so it could be wired into an ATA instead of the exchange.

    The new VoIP line would presumably be accessible by any phone by pressing
    the appropriate line-key or access digit(s)

    --

    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, Aug 18, 2006

  3. Simon

    Nick Guest

    "Graham" <> wrote in message news:...

    > "Simon" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > We have a office pabx (7 phones).
    > >
    > > If we install a router with VOIP on the office is it possible to add a

    new
    > > phone to the company pabx?
    > >
    > > or at least be able to call the office/office to call the employee

    without
    > > charge.
    > >
    > > We could use a skype system, but would prefer to call via the existing
    > > phones, rather than via computer

    > What make of PABX?
    > OK, 7 extensions, but how many exchange lines?
    > and are they ISDN or analogue (POTS) lines.
    >
    > If they are POTS lines, does the switch have any spare capacity, or are

    you
    > prepared to lose an exchange line?
    > If so it could be wired into an ATA instead of the exchange.
    >
    > The new VoIP line would presumably be accessible by any phone by pressing
    > the appropriate line-key or access digit(s)
    >
    > --
    >
    > Graham.
    >
    > %Profound_observation%

    I'd put money on that went OTT.

    Nick, Aug 19, 2006
  4. Simon

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Nick" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > I'd put money on that went OTT.

    I don't understand that..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 19, 2006
  5. Simon

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Graham" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > If they are POTS lines, does the switch have any spare
    > capacity, or are you prepared to lose an exchange line?
    > If so it could be wired into an ATA instead of the
    > exchange.
    > The new VoIP line would presumably be accessible by any
    > phone by pressing the appropriate line-key or access
    > digit(s)

    That's precisely what I do. I have the phone ports of my ATA's connected
    to exchange line ports on the PABX. Any extension user can then select
    whichever line they want by dialling the appropriate access code. For
    example 81 gets the Sipgate Birmingham 0121 number, 82 gets the London 020
    number, 83 gets the Gradwell number, 84 gets a BT line, etc.

    If you have ISDN, the AVM Fritz!Box range has support for these, but AFAIK
    only one POTS/ISDN line is supported.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 19, 2006