    enabling VTP2 mode, setting the Mode Control to client and adding the
    Domain Name allow this switch access to the VLANs that are already
    configured?

    Nick, Nov 17, 2004

  2. Nick,
    One thing you must do before you add the 3548 to the new VTP domain
    is clear it's revision number back to zero. The easiest way to do it
    is to change the VTP domain to something different, a false domain
    name and then add it back to the new domain, this should clear it out
    and set it back to zero. (see
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/about/ac123/ac114/ac173/Q2-04/department_techtips_readertips.html).

    As long as you set it to VTP mode client or VTP mode server in the
    domain the switch should get the VLAN information from the other
    server(s). NOTE: if you set it to client you will not be able to
    change the VLAN database on the switch and will have to depend on the
    server for VLAN information.

    Hope this helps and good luck.
    -Robert

    Robert B. Phillips, II, Nov 17, 2004