add/remove programmes

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by °Mike°, Jul 27, 2004.

  1. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    First of all, be SURE to search the whole of Add\Remove
    programs, and look for names that refer to the application,
    but may not be the actual program name -- for Norton
    products, look for Symantec; Internet Explorer comes
    under "Microsoft Internet Explorer and Internet Tools",
    for instance. If you are absolutely sure that the entries
    are not in Add\Remove Programs, reboot into Safe Mode
    and delete the entire program folder. Once you have
    done that, clean out your registry -- see my signature.

    On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:21:17 GMT, in
    <1PyNc.691$>
    Brian scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 27, 2004

  2. °Mike°

    Jamco Guest

    may also want to try something like norton system works, i believe it had
    its own add/remove programs in it

    Jamco, Jul 27, 2004

  3. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    HUH? Why would any sane person install a bloated
    product, that has nothing to do with the problem?

    On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 19:54:45 GMT, in
    <9qyNc.121888$eO.52666@edtnps89>
    Jamco scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 27, 2004
  4. °Mike°

    Brian Guest

    Brian, Jul 27, 2004
  5. °Mike°

    James Guest

    When I tried system mechanic trial from www.iolo.com I noticed that it has a
    handy little feature that lists all the programs on your pc aswell as many
    that do not show up in add/remove programs, it also lets you execute the
    uninstaller if that does not work then it can remove it for you, and it
    normally works too.

    much much safer than editing the registry

    hope this help's but be warned, it is a large download file and would take
    umpteen hrs on a dial up connection, I think it's about 30Mb

    James, Jul 28, 2004