    Bookmark convertor 3.1 and Visioneer Paperport (an old scanner).

    Is there any other way in to remove these from showing up in my program
    list?
    Cammie, Jul 17, 2004

  2. Cammie

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Cammie" <> wrote in
    news:JNgKc.217$:

    > in control panel under add/remove files I have various programs still
    > listed that I had uninstalled. If I try to remove them it either says
    > they do not exist, or it trys to locate the resources to reinstall
    > them.
    >
    > Some of these remaining that I'd like to remove are: McAfee
    > Antivirus, Bookmark convertor 3.1 and Visioneer Paperport (an old
    > scanner).
    >
    > Is there any other way in to remove these from showing up in my
    > program list?

    You can *hack* the registry and remove anything left in the registry
    concerning the above applications that you have removed. That mey do it
    for you.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jul 17, 2004

  3. Cammie

    colin Guest

    Cammie <> wrote in message
    > in control panel under add/remove files I have various programs still

    listed
    > that I had uninstalled. If I try to remove them it either says they do

    not
    > exist, or it trys to locate the resources to reinstall them.
    >
    > Some of these remaining that I'd like to remove are: McAfee Antivirus,
    > Bookmark convertor 3.1 and Visioneer Paperport (an old scanner).
    >
    > Is there any other way in to remove these from showing up in my program
    > list?

    `tweakui` will do it. and it`s made by microsoft;)
    colin, Jul 17, 2004
  4. Cammie

    Allen_L Guest

    In news:JNgKc.217$,
    Cammie <> typed:
    > in control panel under add/remove files I have various programs still
    > listed that I had uninstalled. If I try to remove them it either
    > says they do not exist, or it trys to locate the resources to
    > reinstall them.
    >
    > Some of these remaining that I'd like to remove are: McAfee
    > Antivirus, Bookmark convertor 3.1 and Visioneer Paperport (an old
    > scanner).
    >
    > Is there any other way in to remove these from showing up in my
    > program list?

    Go to this key in the registry by going to Run\RegEdit\OK and navigate to
    the below key:

    HKEY_Local_Machine\software\Microsoft\windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

    Look in the left column for the name of the program.
    Delete the name of the one's that shouldn't be listed. Backup or export the
    Keys or Values before deletion.

    ....Allen
    Allen_L, Jul 18, 2004
  5. Cammie

    Cammie Guest

    "Allen_L" wrote
    > Go to this key in the registry by going to Run\RegEdit\OK and navigate to
    > the below key:
    >
    > HKEY_Local_Machine\software\Microsoft\windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
    >
    > Look in the left column for the name of the program.
    > Delete the name of the one's that shouldn't be listed. Backup or export

    the
    > Keys or Values before deletion.
    >
    > ...Allen

    I did this and found them, and removed them, but they are still showing up
    in Add/Remove Programs... any other thoughts?
    Cammie, Jul 18, 2004
  6. Cammie

    Cammie Guest

    "colin" <> wrote
    > `tweakui` will do it. and it`s made by microsoft;)

    Sounded like a great idea, but it appears tweak UI is for Windows NT, I have
    98 still.
    Cammie, Jul 18, 2004
  7. Cammie

    Thor Guest

    "Cammie" <> wrote in message
    > "Allen_L" wrote
    > > Go to this key in the registry by going to Run\RegEdit\OK and navigate

    > > the below key:
    > >
    > > HKEY_Local_Machine\software\Microsoft\windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
    > >
    > > Look in the left column for the name of the program.
    > > Delete the name of the one's that shouldn't be listed. Backup or export

    > the
    > > Keys or Values before deletion.
    > >
    > > ...Allen

    > I did this and found them, and removed them, but they are still showing up
    > in Add/Remove Programs... any other thoughts?

    Check the same subkey under HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
    Thor, Jul 18, 2004
  8. I have tweakui 1.33 on my system and I have Windows 98.

    --

    Wayne R. Russ;

    Wayne R. Russ, Jul 18, 2004
  9. Cammie

    Dave Guest

    Cammie <> wrote in message
    > in control panel under add/remove files I have various programs still

    listed
    > that I had uninstalled. If I try to remove them it either says they do

    not
    > exist, or it trys to locate the resources to reinstall them.
    >
    > Some of these remaining that I'd like to remove are: McAfee Antivirus,
    > Bookmark convertor 3.1 and Visioneer Paperport (an old scanner).
    >
    > Is there any other way in to remove these from showing up in my program
    > list?

    Open Regedit. Do a search. It will find all registry listings.
    Dave, Jul 18, 2004
  10. Cammie

    colin Guest

    colin, Jul 18, 2004
  11. Cammie

    Allen_L Guest

    Allen_L, Jul 18, 2004
  12. Cammie

    Cammie Guest

    thanks for all the help, I was able to go through regedit and I also
    installed the tweak program
    Cammie, Jul 19, 2004