    --
    John Dean
    Oxford
    John Dean, Feb 3, 2006

  2. John Dean

    John Dean Guest

    Deano wrote:
    > John Dean wrote:
    >> Running XP Home SP2. When I access "Add or Remove programs" in
    >> Control Panel, it comes up blank on the "Change or remove programs"
    >> with a message "Please wait while the list is being populated". It
    >> subsequently changes to show the message at the top "Currently
    >> installed programs and updates" but the list remains blank. Nothing
    >> further happens and I never get to see the list of installed
    >> programs. The other icons on the left hand side - "Add new programs",
    >> "Add/remove Windows components" and "Set Program Access and Defaults"
    >> all seem to be working fine.
    >> Any ideas?

    > Could this help?
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=266668

    That *does* sound like it.Many thanks.
    <thinks> Damn. I *hate* going into the registry. <thinks>
    --
    John Dean
    Oxford
    John Dean, Feb 4, 2006

  3. John Dean

    p-nut Guest

    John Dean wrote:
    > Deano wrote:
    >> John Dean wrote:
    >>> Running XP Home SP2. When I access "Add or Remove programs" in
    >>> Control Panel, it comes up blank on the "Change or remove programs"
    >>> with a message "Please wait while the list is being populated". It
    >>> subsequently changes to show the message at the top "Currently
    >>> installed programs and updates" but the list remains blank. Nothing
    >>> further happens and I never get to see the list of installed
    >>> programs. The other icons on the left hand side - "Add new
    >>> programs", "Add/remove Windows components" and "Set Program Access
    >>> and Defaults" all seem to be working fine.
    >>> Any ideas?

    >> Could this help?
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=266668

    > That *does* sound like it.Many thanks.
    > <thinks> Damn. I *hate* going into the registry. <thinks>

    Just back it up first.
    Open regedit, Click on "my computer" on the top of the tree.
    File > Export and save it somewhere.
    It will be pretty big (mine saved to about 50mb) and takes a bit to build.
    This way if you screw up something you can always undo it.
    p-nut, Feb 4, 2006
  4. John Dean

    Deano Guest

    Deano, Feb 5, 2006