    showing the Change/Remove box . It does list all programs.
    How do I get back the Change/Remove feature ????
    Tnx
    jim fisher, Jul 9, 2007

  2. jim fisher

    Mike Easter Guest

    jim fisher wrote:
    > For some reason the Add Or Remove portion of Control Panel has stopped
    > showing the Change/Remove box .

    You didn't name your operating system. Don't assume people can just
    guess what OS you are using. Presumably it is some kind of MS Win
    because your newsreader is Agent, but there are a lot of different Wins.

    > It does list all programs.

    In W98 the button is named Add/Remove and it become functional when a
    particular program is selected, but not before. In XP the button's
    name is Change/Remove

    > How do I get back the Change/Remove feature ????

    This link describes a situation in which some applications when selected
    do not result in the changeremove button becoming active. That link
    would have you make a registry change to make the repair.

    http://www.winxptutor.com/arpbuttons.htm When you open Add/Remove
    Programs applet and click an application entry, you may notice that the
    Change, Remove (or Change/Remove) buttons may be missing, thus leaving
    only the application name entry there (Fig 1).

    The link shows screenshots of the registry edit. Take care when
    handling your registry editing.

    This link shows a discussion of the problem in a MS ng with MS MVPs
    http://snipr.com/1o0bv

    Subject: Change/Remove button is missing
    Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 20:48:27 -0400
    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics