add on Telextender for Olympus 5050

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Rick Miller, Jul 19, 2004.

  1. Rick Miller

    Rick Miller Guest

    3x optical zoom is noce, but I'd really like more. Searching over the web
    (ebay a lot) one finds so many choices, but in general:

    1.7x from Olympus

    2x extenders, digital optics, optex, other no-name types (some labelled
    Hi-def)

    3x kenko, digital optics, etc (some labelled Hi-def)

    8x Crystalvue

    Some reviews exist for a few, but much confusion remains. Most seem to be
    able to avoid vigenetting at max zoom, so thats fine, others seem to have
    poor focus or issues at the edges.

    What I'd really like is a variable zoom from 2x to 8x but it doesn't seem to
    exist (like it does for film SLR's).

    Comments? Anyone happy with their cheapy 2x or 3x ?

    Thanks!

    Rick
    Vancouver, Canada
    Rick Miller, Jul 19, 2004