    CDRW's. My guru friend says I can adapt the DVD to
    my unit with a UDMA. What is a UDMA, which one
    should I get and what does it do?

    claw, Aug 3, 2004

  2. claw wrote:
    > I wish to add at CD DVD player to my unit which
    > already
    > has the two slots on the MB occupied with 2 HD's
    > and 2
    > CDRW's. My guru friend says I can adapt the DVD to
    > my unit with a UDMA. What is a UDMA, which one
    > should I get and what does it do?

    He must be referring to a controller card. Look on eBay or at local
    computer shops for an ATA controller, also sometimes referred to as an
    IDE controller. Do you have an extra external bay for another drive?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 3, 2004

  3. claw

    DennisTurner Guest

    , Once upon a time in a land far away claw was alleged to have said:
    > I wish to add at CD DVD player to my unit which
    > already
    > has the two slots on the MB occupied with 2 HD's
    > and 2
    > CDRW's. My guru friend says I can adapt the DVD to
    > my unit with a UDMA. What is a UDMA, which one
    > should I get and what does it do?

    If you are out of bays, rip out one of the CDRWs & plug the DVD into the
    same connectors. Why do you need 2?

    DennisTurner, Aug 3, 2004