    Could anyone please tell me how to add background sound to an
    email? Does Mozilla Thunderbird have such option? Thank you.
    - gA

    gA, Jan 3, 2007

  2. gA

    Guest

    gA wrote:
    > Could anyone please tell me how to add background sound to an
    > email? Does Mozilla Thunderbird have such option? Thank you.
    > - gA

    my suggestion is for you to go to the multimedia test newsgroup, and
    ask those guys there. There are some real good experts in this area
    and I'm sure someone can help you. Or, you can take a look at the other
    postings there and see how its done. Thats what I do, and I've learned
    a few great tricks that way. Just remember this, the posting only last
    [I think] about 30 days.

    snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.test.multimedia

    And one more thing: Sorry to say this, but if someone sent me a email
    with background music, that would surely be deleted.

    , Jan 3, 2007

  3. gA

    Ed Mullen Guest

    wrote:
    > gA wrote:
    >> Could anyone please tell me how to add background sound to an
    >> email? Does Mozilla Thunderbird have such option? Thank you.
    >> - gA

    > my suggestion is for you to go to the multimedia test newsgroup, and
    > ask those guys there. There are some real good experts in this area
    > and I'm sure someone can help you. Or, you can take a look at the other
    > postings there and see how its done. Thats what I do, and I've learned
    > a few great tricks that way. Just remember this, the posting only last
    > [I think] about 30 days.
    >
    > snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.test.multimedia
    >
    > And one more thing: Sorry to say this, but if someone sent me a email
    > with background music, that would surely be deleted.

    A probably more current group is available on the new mozilla server,
    news.mozilla.org:

    mozilla.test.multimedia

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jan 3, 2007
  4. gA

    Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > gA wrote:
    > >> Could anyone please tell me how to add background sound to an
    > >> email? Does Mozilla Thunderbird have such option? Thank you.
    > >> - gA

    > > my suggestion is for you to go to the multimedia test newsgroup, and
    > > ask those guys there. There are some real good experts in this area
    > > and I'm sure someone can help you. Or, you can take a look at the other
    > > postings there and see how its done. Thats what I do, and I've learned
    > > a few great tricks that way. Just remember this, the posting only last
    > > [I think] about 30 days.
    > >
    > > snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.test.multimedia
    > >
    > > And one more thing: Sorry to say this, but if someone sent me a email
    > > with background music, that would surely be deleted.
    > >

    > A probably more current group is available on the new mozilla server,
    > news.mozilla.org:
    >
    > mozilla.test.multimedia

    I would but that group is moderated, and its at his discretion on what
    gets posted and what doesn't. Furthermore, its slow loading

    , Jan 3, 2007
  5. gA

    Janice P. Guest

    Re: Re: add background to messages

    On 3 Jan 2007 08:28:29 -0800,
    posted:

    >And one more thing: Sorry to say this, but if someone sent me a email
    >with background music, that would surely be deleted.

    And the sender kill filtered, with extreme prejudice!

    Unless it was my mom.

    J.

    Janice P., Jan 3, 2007
  6. gA

    SteveG Guest

    gA wrote:
    > Could anyone please tell me how to add background sound to an email?
    > Does Mozilla Thunderbird have such option? Thank you.
    > - gA

    Whatever happened to the good old days when emails were plain text and
    people devised natty combinations of keyboard characters to express
    emotions :)

    Still, each to his own ... I suppose.

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

    SteveG, Jan 3, 2007
  7. wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> my suggestion is for you to go to the multimedia test newsgroup, and
    >>> ask those guys there. There are some real good experts in this area
    >>> and I'm sure someone can help you. Or, you can take a look at the other
    >>> postings there and see how its done. Thats what I do, and I've learned
    >>> a few great tricks that way. Just remember this, the posting only last
    >>> [I think] about 30 days.
    >>>
    >>> snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.test.multimedia
    >>>
    >>> And one more thing: Sorry to say this, but if someone sent me a email
    >>> with background music, that would surely be deleted.
    >>>

    >> A probably more current group is available on the new mozilla server,
    >> news.mozilla.org:
    >>
    >> mozilla.test.multimedia
    >>

    > I would but that group is moderated, and its at his discretion on what
    > gets posted and what doesn't. Furthermore, its slow loading

    No, not exactly.
    The 'moderation' stems from a limitation Giga groups has on
    newsgroups. That no 'binary' groups are allowed unless they are
    'moderated'. Thats why it has to be so.
    The 'moderation' at the current time is to sign up. Once the
    moderator approves your sign up (and he hasnt refused anyone as far as I
    know), the rest is automatic.

    I dont find the group to be any slower than any other group

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jan 3, 2007
  8. SteveG wrote:
    > gA wrote:
    >> Could anyone please tell me how to add background sound to an email?
    >> Does Mozilla Thunderbird have such option? Thank you.
    >> - gA

    > Whatever happened to the good old days when emails were plain text and
    > people devised natty combinations of keyboard characters to express
    > emotions :)
    >
    > Still, each to his own ... I suppose.

    In a sense, blame Netscape for this one <g>
    They brought out Netscape Navigator (Gold) and then Netscape
    Communicator, which introduced HTML into mail. Other mail programs
    followed suit.

    HTML mail is fine for those who prefer to receive such, and both
    Netscape and Mozilla use a similar approach, that senders have to have a
    'receives HTML' mark in the address book to enable it. It can be
    over-ridden tho, and unfortunately, not everyone is careful as to whom
    they send HTML to. Newsgroups are always marked 'prefers plain text' in
    Mozilla now.

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jan 3, 2007
  9. gA

    Guest

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Ed Mullen wrote:

    > >> A probably more current group is available on the new mozilla server,
    > >> news.mozilla.org:
    > >>
    > >> mozilla.test.multimedia
    > >>

    > > I would but that group is moderated, and its at his discretion on what
    > > gets posted and what doesn't. Furthermore, its slow loading
    > >

    > No, not exactly.
    > The 'moderation' stems from a limitation Giga groups has on
    > newsgroups. That no 'binary' groups are allowed unless they are
    > 'moderated'. Thats why it has to be so.
    > The 'moderation' at the current time is to sign up. Once the
    > moderator approves your sign up (and he hasnt refused anyone as far as I
    > know), the rest is automatic.
    >
    > I dont find the group to be any slower than any other group

    he has refused many a postings

    , Jan 4, 2007
  10. wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> wrote:

    >>> I would but that group is moderated, and its at his discretion on what
    >>> gets posted and what doesn't. Furthermore, its slow loading
    >>>

    >> No, not exactly.
    >> The 'moderation' stems from a limitation Giga groups has on
    >> newsgroups. That no 'binary' groups are allowed unless they are
    >> 'moderated'. Thats why it has to be so.
    >> The 'moderation' at the current time is to sign up. Once the
    >> moderator approves your sign up (and he hasnt refused anyone as far as I
    >> know), the rest is automatic.
    >>
    >> I dont find the group to be any slower than any other group

    > he has refused many a postings

    From whom? And have you registered/signed up? What sort of 'rejection'
    notice are you getting?

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jan 4, 2007
  11. gA

    Guest

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    > >> No, not exactly.
    > >> The 'moderation' stems from a limitation Giga groups has on
    > >> newsgroups. That no 'binary' groups are allowed unless they are
    > >> 'moderated'. Thats why it has to be so.
    > >> The 'moderation' at the current time is to sign up. Once the
    > >> moderator approves your sign up (and he hasnt refused anyone as far as I
    > >> know), the rest is automatic.
    > >>
    > >> I dont find the group to be any slower than any other group

    > > he has refused many a postings
    > >

    > From whom? And have you registered/signed up? What sort of 'rejection'
    > notice are you getting?

    no, its not me. I can't remember where I read the postings. Maybe it
    was the general newsgroup or the mozilla-org one. The moderator was
    refusing postings from this individual.

    , Jan 4, 2007
  12. wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> wrote:

    >>> he has refused many a postings
    >>>

    >> From whom? And have you registered/signed up? What sort of 'rejection'
    >> notice are you getting?

    > no, its not me. I can't remember where I read the postings. Maybe it
    > was the general newsgroup or the mozilla-org one. The moderator was
    > refusing postings from this individual.

    Well, it wasnt true then, and it isnt true now.
    Tell you what, you want to show yourself it cant possibly be true?
    Create an account, and then make multiple test postings to the group.
    Do them at all hours of the night and day, and you will observe that
    they show up within 10 seconds to a minute each.

    Wow! this moderator never sleeps! 24 hours a day, 7 days a week he is
    sitting there just WAITING for your post so he can 'approve' it and
    allow it to be posted... The Moderator is good, but he isnt THAT good <g>

    Please dont repeat non factual heresay.

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jan 4, 2007
  13. gA

    Guest

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    > >> From whom? And have you registered/signed up? What sort of 'rejection'
    > >> notice are you getting?

    > > no, its not me. I can't remember where I read the postings. Maybe it
    > > was the general newsgroup or the mozilla-org one. The moderator was
    > > refusing postings from this individual.
    > >

    > Well, it wasnt true then, and it isnt true now.
    > Tell you what, you want to show yourself it cant possibly be true?
    > Create an account, and then make multiple test postings to the group.
    > Do them at all hours of the night and day, and you will observe that
    > they show up within 10 seconds to a minute each.
    >
    > Wow! this moderator never sleeps! 24 hours a day, 7 days a week he is
    > sitting there just WAITING for your post so he can 'approve' it and
    > allow it to be posted... The Moderator is good, but he isnt THAT good <g>
    >
    > Please dont repeat non factual heresay.

    Ahhh, there you go. You need to set up an account in order to post
    there. For those who don't have an account, then the postings are at
    the whim of the moderator. That is FACT!!!!

    , Jan 4, 2007
  14. gA

    Ed Mullen Guest

    wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> wrote:

    >>> no, its not me. I can't remember where I read the postings. Maybe it
    >>> was the general newsgroup or the mozilla-org one. The moderator was
    >>> refusing postings from this individual.
    >>>

    >> Well, it wasnt true then, and it isnt true now.
    >> Tell you what, you want to show yourself it cant possibly be true?
    >> Create an account, and then make multiple test postings to the group.
    >> Do them at all hours of the night and day, and you will observe that
    >> they show up within 10 seconds to a minute each.
    >>
    >> Wow! this moderator never sleeps! 24 hours a day, 7 days a week he is
    >> sitting there just WAITING for your post so he can 'approve' it and
    >> allow it to be posted... The Moderator is good, but he isnt THAT good <g>
    >>
    >> Please dont repeat non factual heresay.

    > Ahhh, there you go. You need to set up an account in order to post
    > there. For those who don't have an account, then the postings are at
    > the whim of the moderator. That is FACT!!!!

    The point is that the group works on an automatic message approval
    basis. All one needs to do is subscribe to the list using a valid email
    address and then use that address to post to the newsgroup. To my
    knowledge no person has ever been excluded if they follow that simple
    process. Further, the moderator, as far as I know, does not manually
    approve posts from anyone who has /not/ signed up according to the
    procedure. Nothing whimsical about it.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jan 4, 2007
  15. wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> wrote:

    >> Well, it wasnt true then, and it isnt true now.
    >> Tell you what, you want to show yourself it cant possibly be true?
    >> Create an account, and then make multiple test postings to the group.
    >> Do them at all hours of the night and day, and you will observe that
    >> they show up within 10 seconds to a minute each.
    >>
    >> Wow! this moderator never sleeps! 24 hours a day, 7 days a week he is
    >> sitting there just WAITING for your post so he can 'approve' it and
    >> allow it to be posted... The Moderator is good, but he isnt THAT good <g>
    >>
    >> Please dont repeat non factual heresay.

    > Ahhh, there you go. You need to set up an account in order to post
    > there. For those who don't have an account, then the postings are at
    > the whim of the moderator. That is FACT!!!!

    Please dont fabricate non factual items.

    Yes you have to sign up, but if you dont the postings are still NOT at
    the whim of the moderator... they simply dont go through!

    Once more, the moderator is NOT sitting there waiting for a message from
    someone not on the list, just so he can arbitrarily trash it. If you
    are not on the list, the message doesnt go through... PERIOD.

    There is nothing whimsical about it. And it is most assuredly NOT a fact.

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jan 4, 2007
  16. gA

    Guest

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > >> wrote:

    > >> Well, it wasnt true then, and it isnt true now.
    > >> Tell you what, you want to show yourself it cant possibly be true?
    > >> Create an account, and then make multiple test postings to the group.
    > >> Do them at all hours of the night and day, and you will observe that
    > >> they show up within 10 seconds to a minute each.
    > >>
    > >> Wow! this moderator never sleeps! 24 hours a day, 7 days a week he is
    > >> sitting there just WAITING for your post so he can 'approve' it and
    > >> allow it to be posted... The Moderator is good, but he isnt THAT good <g>
    > >>
    > >> Please dont repeat non factual heresay.

    > > Ahhh, there you go. You need to set up an account in order to post
    > > there. For those who don't have an account, then the postings are at
    > > the whim of the moderator. That is FACT!!!!
    > >

    > Please dont fabricate non factual items.
    >
    > Yes you have to sign up, but if you dont the postings are still NOT at
    > the whim of the moderator... they simply dont go through!
    >
    > Once more, the moderator is NOT sitting there waiting for a message from
    > someone not on the list, just so he can arbitrarily trash it. If you
    > are not on the list, the message doesnt go through... PERIOD.
    >

    > There is nothing whimsical about it. And it is most assuredly NOT a fact.

    I suggest you talk to that moderator and ask him how many postings he's
    refused because the poster was not on some list.

    , Jan 4, 2007
  17. wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> wrote:

    >>> Ahhh, there you go. You need to set up an account in order to post
    >>> there. For those who don't have an account, then the postings are at
    >>> the whim of the moderator. That is FACT!!!!
    >>>

    >> Please dont fabricate non factual items.
    >>
    >> Yes you have to sign up, but if you dont the postings are still NOT at
    >> the whim of the moderator... they simply dont go through!
    >>
    >> Once more, the moderator is NOT sitting there waiting for a message from
    >> someone not on the list, just so he can arbitrarily trash it. If you
    >> are not on the list, the message doesnt go through... PERIOD.
    >>

    >> There is nothing whimsical about it. And it is most assuredly NOT a fact.

    > I suggest you talk to that moderator and ask him how many postings he's
    > refused because the poster was not on some list.

    I have. And the answer is NONE.
    He is NOT sitting there assinging a 'pass' or 'do not pass' marking to
    the message. He approves the person to post, in accordance with giga
    news instructions. And he has never had to revoke a permission either.

    He is NOT sitting there reviewing the posts. The post comes in, if you
    are on the approved list it gets posted. If you are not on the approved
    list it doesnt. No 'whim' about it.

    He is NOT sitting there weighing the relative merits of a post before
    approval either. So far, anyone who has applied has received permission.
    Once again no 'whim' about it.

    Please dont post non factual information

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jan 5, 2007
  18. gA

    Guest

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    > >> Please dont fabricate non factual items.
    > >>
    > >> Yes you have to sign up, but if you dont the postings are still NOT at
    > >> the whim of the moderator... they simply dont go through!
    > >>
    > >> Once more, the moderator is NOT sitting there waiting for a message from
    > >> someone not on the list, just so he can arbitrarily trash it. If you
    > >> are not on the list, the message doesnt go through... PERIOD.
    > >>

    > >> There is nothing whimsical about it. And it is most assuredly NOT a fact.

    > > I suggest you talk to that moderator and ask him how many postings he's
    > > refused because the poster was not on some list.
    > >

    > I have. And the answer is NONE.
    > He is NOT sitting there assinging a 'pass' or 'do not pass' marking to
    > the message. He approves the person to post, in accordance with giga
    > news instructions. And he has never had to revoke a permission either.
    >
    > He is NOT sitting there reviewing the posts. The post comes in, if you
    > are on the approved list it gets posted. If you are not on the approved
    > list it doesnt. No 'whim' about it.
    >
    > He is NOT sitting there weighing the relative merits of a post before
    > approval either. So far, anyone who has applied has received permission.
    > Once again no 'whim' about it.
    >
    > Please dont post non factual information

    I found what I was looking for. Here was a poster who was refused:
    http://groups.google.com/group/mozi...e8a43/7d5514a857913960?tvc=2#7d5514a857913960

    and this is fact. In order to post to that group, you have to be on a
    LIST. Those who aren't on the list must require approval first. This
    poster was refused.

    I suggest YOU get your facts straight before you post ill-informed
    information.

    , Jan 5, 2007
  19. gA

    Guest

    wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > > wrote:

    > > > I suggest you talk to that moderator and ask him how many postings he's
    > > > refused because the poster was not on some list.
    > > >

    > > I have. And the answer is NONE.
    > > He is NOT sitting there assinging a 'pass' or 'do not pass' marking to
    > > the message. He approves the person to post, in accordance with giga
    > > news instructions. And he has never had to revoke a permission either.
    > >
    > > He is NOT sitting there reviewing the posts. The post comes in, if you
    > > are on the approved list it gets posted. If you are not on the approved
    > > list it doesnt. No 'whim' about it.
    > >
    > > He is NOT sitting there weighing the relative merits of a post before
    > > approval either. So far, anyone who has applied has received permission.
    > > Once again no 'whim' about it.
    > >
    > > Please dont post non factual information

    > I found what I was looking for. Here was a poster who was refused:
    > http://groups.google.com/group/mozi...e8a43/7d5514a857913960?tvc=2#7d5514a857913960
    >
    > and this is fact. In order to post to that group, you have to be on a
    > LIST. Those who aren't on the list must require approval first. This
    > poster was refused.
    >
    > I suggest YOU get your facts straight before you post ill-informed
    > information.

    with that in mind, I have to ask again, I wonder how many other
    postings has that moderator refused?

    , Jan 5, 2007
  20. wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> wrote:

    >>> I suggest you talk to that moderator and ask him how many postings he's
    >>> refused because the poster was not on some list.
    >>>

    >> I have. And the answer is NONE.
    >> He is NOT sitting there assinging a 'pass' or 'do not pass' marking to
    >> the message. He approves the person to post, in accordance with giga
    >> news instructions. And he has never had to revoke a permission either.
    >>
    >> He is NOT sitting there reviewing the posts. The post comes in, if you
    >> are on the approved list it gets posted. If you are not on the approved
    >> list it doesnt. No 'whim' about it.
    >>
    >> He is NOT sitting there weighing the relative merits of a post before
    >> approval either. So far, anyone who has applied has received permission.
    >> Once again no 'whim' about it.
    >>
    >> Please dont post non factual information

    > I found what I was looking for. Here was a poster who was refused:
    > http://groups.google.com/group/mozi...e8a43/7d5514a857913960?tvc=2#7d5514a857913960
    >
    > and this is fact. In order to post to that group, you have to be on a
    > LIST. Those who aren't on the list must require approval first. This
    > poster was refused.
    >
    > I suggest YOU get your facts straight before you post ill-informed
    > information.

    the poster in that episode was using an alias, for one
    and two, this issue was discussed at length several time in the groups

    This issue is between the moderator and that individual, the moderator
    stated it was not censorship ('whim'), and that good enough for me.

    Unless you ARE GWTC then I respectively submit this isnt your issue.

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jan 5, 2007