    use some programs every day but the Panel report the last use on July last
    year. Is this normal behavior? What do I do about it?
    Paul
    Paul, Feb 8, 2006

  2. Paul

    Hans Guest

    Paul!

    Oh come on guys, what difference does that really make?......

    Honestly!

    Hans in Outer Mongolia

    Hans, Feb 8, 2006

  3. Paul

    clot Guest

    Paul wrote:
    > I use win XP sp2 media center. When I look at the add/remove panel to
    > find out when I last used certain programs I find the date far from
    > correct. I use some programs every day but the Panel report the last
    > use on July last year. Is this normal behavior? What do I do about it?
    > Paul

    Found the same thing and learnt to ignore it!
    clot, Feb 8, 2006
  4. Hans, please don't post in HTML to this text-only newsgroup. Thanks.

    Hans wrote:

    > <HTML><HEAD>
    > <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
    > charset=3Dwindows-1252">
    > <STYLE></STYLE>
    > </HEAD>
    > <BODY>
    > <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Paul!</FONT></DIV>
    > <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    > <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Oh come on guys, </FONT><FONT face=3DArial>what =
    > difference=20
    > does that really make?......</FONT></DIV>
    > <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    > <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Honestly!</FONT></DIV>
    > <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    > <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Hans in Outer Mongolia</FONT></DIV>
    > <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    > <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>

    <snip rest>

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 8, 2006
  5. Paul

    Paul Guest

    It makes a difference if one wants to review whether or not to retain
    applications based on usage.
    Paul

    Paul, Feb 8, 2006
  6. Paul

    Paul Guest

    "clot" <> wrote in message
    > Paul wrote:
    >> I use win XP sp2 media center. When I look at the add/remove panel to
    >> find out when I last used certain programs I find the date far from
    >> correct. I use some programs every day but the Panel report the last
    >> use on July last year. Is this normal behavior? What do I do about it?
    >> Paul

    > Found the same thing and learnt to ignore it!

    Pity though...as I said in reply to Hans above because it makes a difference
    Paul, Feb 8, 2006
  7. Paul

    clot Guest

    Paul wrote:
    > "clot" <> wrote in message
    >> Paul wrote:
    >>> I use win XP sp2 media center. When I look at the add/remove panel
    >>> to find out when I last used certain programs I find the date far
    >>> from correct. I use some programs every day but the Panel report
    >>> the last use on July last year. Is this normal behavior? What do I
    >>> do about it? Paul

    >> Found the same thing and learnt to ignore it!

    > Pity though...as I said in reply to Hans above because it makes a
    > difference if one wants to review whether or not to retain
    > applications based on usage. Paul

    Agreed. But don't you have a gut feel about your frequency of use of
    programmes? I do! :)
    clot, Feb 9, 2006
  8. Paul

    Donald Guest

    Go to C: /program files /view / details an look at last modified

    Donald, Feb 9, 2006
  9. Paul

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 18:41:19 -0500, "Paul"
    <ninetyfive&> wrote:

    >Pity though...as I said in reply to Hans above because it makes a difference
    >if one wants to review whether or not to retain applications based on usage.
    >Paul

    Never trust anything from Microsoft. I have one application it shows
    as uses 4 gigs.

    Uhhh yeah. It's less than 10 megs.
    Evan Platt, Feb 9, 2006
  10. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Thanks - a good tip
    Paul

    Paul, Feb 9, 2006
  11. Paul

    Plato Guest

    Paul wrote:

    > I use win XP sp2 media center. When I look at the add/remove panel to find
    > out when I last used certain programs I find the date far from correct. I
    > use some programs every day but the Panel report the last use on July last
    > year. Is this normal behavior? What do I do about it?

    It's normal. That feature of XP is not yet perfected.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Feb 9, 2006