    wireless connection is installed and working on 1 desktop and the laptop.
    Now I want to add my desktop to the existing wireless network, but can't seem
    to figure out how to do that. I could use any help! thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?TGlhbmU=?=, Sep 26, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TGlhbmU=?=

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi

    Since you did not indicate what is the Network hardware that you use, I would assume
    that you have a Wireless cable/DSL Router, or an Access Point.

    You probably need to install a Wireless card in the additional computer and configure it
    to connect to the Wireless source.

    I need a Wireless Card what should I get? - http://www.ezlan.net/faq#wcard

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Sep 27, 2005

  3. Jack, I just recently bought a Linksys USB network adapter for my computer
    and we have cable internet so we have a cable modem and a Dell True Mobile
    Router connected to the main computer. We've had much difficulty setting up
    this wireless internet network. When we purchased the laptop, we had a
    really difficult time getting that to connect to the wireless network. I
    have tried so many things and am really frustrated. Could you give me basic
    instructions on how I would go about connecting my computer with the existing
    wireless network?

    I saw a set of instructions that said use a flash card, 1. plug it into the
    primary computer, go through the wireless connection wizard, then 2. plug it
    into the WAP (which I can't because it isn't USB capable) and 3. plug it into
    my computer and 4. plug it back into the main computer. My problem right now
    is #2. Do you have suggestions for subtitutions to that approach?

    I appreciate all your help!

    Liane

    =?Utf-8?B?TGlhbmU=?=, Sep 27, 2005