    newest version of AdBlock installed on Firefox, but they don't seem to
    address these types of Ads. Is there another plug-in that will help
    alleviate these that I'm not aware of?

    RyeTronics, Dec 6, 2006

  2. RyeTronics

    SteveG Guest

    RyeTronics wrote:
    > I don't know what kind of pop-up's these are exactly, but if you go to
    > DallasNews.com they are all over the page. They slide into the center
    > of the screen and often don't respond when you click CLOSE. I have the
    > newest version of AdBlock installed on Firefox, but they don't seem to
    > address these types of Ads. Is there another plug-in that will help
    > alleviate these that I'm not aware of?

    I've just taken a look at the dallas news home page and can't see
    anything that resembles what you've reported. I even enabled the couple
    of javascripts that script blocker reported.

    You could try the adblock plus add-on, that might help.

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

    SteveG, Dec 6, 2006

  3. RyeTronics

    StreetMedic Guest

    SteveG wrote:

    > I've just taken a look at the dallas news home page and can't see
    > anything that resembles what you've reported. I even enabled the couple
    > of javascripts that script blocker reported.

    Ditto. Same here.

    StreetMedic, Dec 6, 2006
  4. RyeTronics

    RyeTronics Guest

    Yeah, I noticed that they haven't shown up since I posted this. It's
    as if they're trying to hide from me!

    The ad's were the type where they crawl across the screen with a
    sometimes difficult to find Close button. They're somewhat transparent
    too, and when I right click on them, they seem to be run by Flash.

    RyeTronics, Dec 7, 2006
  5. RyeTronics wrote:
    > Yeah, I noticed that they haven't shown up since I posted this. It's
    > as if they're trying to hide from me!
    >
    > The ad's were the type where they crawl across the screen with a
    > sometimes difficult to find Close button. They're somewhat transparent
    > too, and when I right click on them, they seem to be run by Flash.
    >
    > On Dec 6, 4:32 pm, StreetMedic <>
    > wrote:
    >> SteveG wrote:
    >>> I've just taken a look at the dallas news home page and can't see
    >>> anything that resembles what you've reported. I even enabled the couple
    >>> of javascripts that script blocker reported. Ditto. Same here.

    http://www.boingboing.net/2005/05/08/flashblock_flash_blo.html

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 7, 2006