    Totally mystified. AdBlock used to be a functional program and now it's
    completely non-functional.

    -- Mike

    Guest, Dec 9, 2005

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I found a functional version of AdBlock at http://aasted.org. It's called
    AdBlock 0.5.2.056+. You can save it as a file for future use. I installed
    it on Firefox 1.0.7 and everything works as it should. Funny that Mozilla
    doesn't have a functional version of AdBlock on its own website.

    Be sure to open the AdBlock Preferences and select Obj-Tabs. This allows the
    AdBlock tabs to show attahed to the ad.

    I haven't tried it yet but on version 1.5 so I don't know if it works or not
    on that version.

    -- Mike

    ------------------------------

    Guest, Dec 9, 2005

  3. Guest

    gwtc Guest

    wrote:
    > I found a functional version of AdBlock at http://aasted.org. It's called
    > AdBlock 0.5.2.056+. You can save it as a file for future use. I installed
    > it on Firefox 1.0.7 and everything works as it should. Funny that Mozilla
    > doesn't have a functional version of AdBlock on its own website.
    >
    > Be sure to open the AdBlock Preferences and select Obj-Tabs. This allows the
    > AdBlock tabs to show attahed to the ad.
    >
    > I haven't tried it yet but on version 1.5 so I don't know if it works or not
    > on that version.
    >
    > -- Mike
    >
    > ------------------------------
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Unable to install or run AdBlock 0.5.2.055 on Firefox 1.0.7 on XP Home
    >>SP2. When I try to install from the Mozilla website, I click on Install
    >>Now and nothing happens --dead. When I install AdBlock from a saved
    >>file, it installs but is completely inoperative. The AdBlock tabs are
    >>present clicking on the tab does nothing.
    >>
    >>I checked "about:config > xpinstall.enabled > true" and it is okay.
    >>
    >>Totally mystified. AdBlock used to be a functional program and now it's
    >>completely non-functional.
    >>
    >>-- Mike

    Adblock is sort of dead in the water. You may get better results with
    adblock plus: http://bene.sitesled.com/adblock.htm with forums located
    here: http://p2.forumforfree.com/adblockplus.html

    If you still want to use adblock then you can ask questions here:
    http://adblock.mozdev.org/forum.html/no_wrap

    gwtc, Dec 9, 2005
  4. gwtc wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> I found a functional version of AdBlock at http://aasted.org. It's
    >> called AdBlock 0.5.2.056+. You can save it as a file for future use.
    >> I installed it on Firefox 1.0.7 and everything works as it should.
    >> Funny that Mozilla doesn't have a functional version of AdBlock on its
    >> own website.
    >>
    >> Be sure to open the AdBlock Preferences and select Obj-Tabs. This
    >> allows the AdBlock tabs to show attahed to the ad.
    >>
    >> I haven't tried it yet but on version 1.5 so I don't know if it works
    >> or not on that version.
    >>
    >> -- Mike
    >>
    >> ------------------------------
    >>
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Unable to install or run AdBlock 0.5.2.055 on Firefox 1.0.7 on XP
    >>> Home SP2. When I try to install from the Mozilla website, I click on
    >>> Install Now and nothing happens --dead. When I install AdBlock from
    >>> a saved file, it installs but is completely inoperative. The AdBlock
    >>> tabs are present clicking on the tab does nothing.
    >>>
    >>> I checked "about:config > xpinstall.enabled > true" and it is okay.
    >>>
    >>> Totally mystified. AdBlock used to be a functional program and now
    >>> it's completely non-functional.
    >>>
    >>> -- Mike
    >>>

    > Adblock is sort of dead in the water. You may get better results with
    > adblock plus: http://bene.sitesled.com/adblock.htm with forums located
    > here: http://p2.forumforfree.com/adblockplus.html
    >
    > If you still want to use adblock then you can ask questions here:
    > http://adblock.mozdev.org/forum.html/no_wrap

    On FireFox 1.5 you should use Adblock Plus
    0.5.10.20051209, it runs without any compilcations.

    Paula

    Dustyfan nieuws, Dec 9, 2005