    TIA

    Rick
    , Dec 15, 2005

  2. gwtc Guest

    wrote:

    > Running Adblock 0.5.2.039. Extension has stopped working since
    > upgrading to FF 1.5. If I manually add an image, it will block it, but
    > if I simply click "adblock image", the image is not added to the block
    > list and consequently is not blocked. Even for those images which ARE
    > blocked (such as those added previously), instead of seemlessly
    > eliminating the image entirely, now a frame with the broken image icon
    > appears where the removed image had been. This WAS one of my favorite
    > extentsions (next to calendar, which I ALSO lost with this "upgrade"
    > ;-( I've dl'd sunbird to deal with the calendar, but what (if
    > anything) can I do about Adblock? This is a PITA, I'd go back to the
    > previous 1.0.6 if I could figure out how.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Rick

    adblock is sort of dead in the water. Try going to adblock plus:
    http://p2.forumforfree.com/adblock-plus-0511-released-vt312-adblockplus.html
    gwtc, Dec 15, 2005

  3. Guest

    That did it, thanks! Too bad FF didn't update to that version when it
    updated my other extensions.

    Rick
    , Dec 15, 2005
  4. Z Guest

    wrote:
    > Running Adblock 0.5.2.039. Extension has stopped working since
    > upgrading to FF 1.5. If I manually add an image, it will block it, but

    Uninstall 0.5.2.039 and update to 0.5.2.056.

    Works fine with FF 1.5.
    Z, Dec 15, 2005
  5. Stubby Guest

    Z wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Running Adblock 0.5.2.039. Extension has stopped working since
    >> upgrading to FF 1.5. If I manually add an image, it will block it, but

    > Uninstall 0.5.2.039 and update to 0.5.2.056.
    >
    > Works fine with FF 1.5.

    I tried but Win2K wants to know what program is supposed to handle .xpi
    files. Can someone clue me in? TIA
    Stubby, Dec 15, 2005
  6. Z Guest

    Stubby wrote:
    >> Uninstall 0.5.2.039 and update to 0.5.2.056.
    >> Works fine with FF 1.5.

    > I tried but Win2K wants to know what program is supposed to handle .xpi
    > files. Can someone clue me in? TIA

    If you've already saved the Adblock 0.5.2.056 .xpi, start Firefox, File
    > Open File > select the .xpi

    Did that work for you?
    Z, Dec 16, 2005
  7. gwtc Guest

    Stubby wrote:

    > Z wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Running Adblock 0.5.2.039. Extension has stopped working since
    >>>upgrading to FF 1.5. If I manually add an image, it will block it, but

    >>Uninstall 0.5.2.039 and update to 0.5.2.056.
    >>
    >>Works fine with FF 1.5.

    > I tried but Win2K wants to know what program is supposed to handle .xpi
    > files. Can someone clue me in? TIA

    You don't double click on the file. You open FF, then click on File,
    Open, and open it that way.
    gwtc, Dec 16, 2005