    Drvnguy Guest

    Wich does a better job of cleaning up junk from your pc .i find that adaware
    finds alot of tracking cookies ?..how can i stop this action ?

    Drvnguy, Aug 29, 2004

  2. Drvnguy

    °Mike° Guest

    They both do very good jobs, and complement
    each other; you shouldn't try to compare them,
    and they should BOTH be used.

    To control your cookies, try CookiePal
    http://www.kburra.com/cpal.html

    Above all, stay away from porn/warez and other
    dodgy sites...also P2P.

    Safe Hex
    http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html

    Safe Computing Guide
    http://www.trendmicro.com/pc-cillin/vinfo/safe_computing/
    http://www.trendmicro.com/en/security/general/guide/overview.htm

    Protect your PC
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/directory/worldwide/en-gb/protect.asp

    Safe Computing Practice
    http://users.iafrica.com/c/cq/cquirke/safe2000.htm

    Safe Computing Practices (Safe Hex)
    http://www.cknow.com/vtutor/vtsafecompute.htm

    On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 12:23:30 -0400, in
    <>
    Drvnguy scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 29, 2004

  3. Drvnguy

    A String Guest

    "Drvnguy" <> wrote in message
    > Wich does a better job of cleaning up junk from your pc .i find that
    > adaware
    > finds alot of tracking cookies ?..how can i stop this action ?

    I like spybot. Once you've cleaned and scanned, imunize. That keeps you
    from getting the same ones back again. Also, don't forget to update
    regularly!

    A String, Aug 29, 2004
  4. Drvnguy

    Ionizer Guest

    "Drvnguy" <> wrote in message
    > Wich does a better job of cleaning up junk from your pc .i find that

    adaware
    > finds alot of tracking cookies ?..how can i stop this action ?

    I use AdAware and, like you, always found that it detected lots of
    "tracking cookies" on my system. Since using IE-SPYAD a couple of months
    ago however, AdAware detects almost no such cookies at all:
    https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ehowes/www/main.htm

    " IE-SPYAD adds a long list of sites and domains associated with known
    advertisers, marketers, and crapware pushers to the Restricted sites zone
    of Internet Explorer. Once you merge this list of sites and domains into
    the Registry, the web sites for these companies will not be able to use
    cookies, ActiveX controls, Java applets, or scripting to compromise your
    privacy or your PC while you surf the Net. Nor will they be able to use
    your browser to push unwanted pop-ups, cookies, or auto-installing
    programs on your PC."

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Aug 29, 2004
  5. Drvnguy

    mickey Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > They both do very good jobs, and complement
    > each other; you shouldn't try to compare them,
    > and they should BOTH be used.
    >
    > To control your cookies, try CookiePal
    > http://www.kburra.com/cpal.html
    >
    > Above all, stay away from porn/warez and other
    > dodgy sites...also P2P.
    >

    > Safe Hex
    > http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html
    >
    > Safe Computing Guide
    > http://www.trendmicro.com/pc-cillin/vinfo/safe_computing/
    > http://www.trendmicro.com/en/security/general/guide/overview.htm
    >
    > Protect your PC

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/directory/worldwide/en-gb/protect.asp

    > Safe Computing Practice
    > http://users.iafrica.com/c/cq/cquirke/safe2000.htm
    >
    > Safe Computing Practices (Safe Hex)
    > http://www.cknow.com/vtutor/vtsafecompute.htm
    >

    > On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 12:23:30 -0400, in
    > <>
    > Drvnguy scrawled:
    >
    > >Wich does a better job of cleaning up junk from your pc .i find
    > >that adaware finds alot of tracking cookies ?..how can i stop
    > >this action ?
    > >

    > --
    > Basic computer maintenance

    I saw your warning about p2p there and I see that I have it on my system.
    Should this be removed then as I don't know where it came from or if it was
    always in my system?
    Mickey

    mickey, Aug 29, 2004
  6. Drvnguy

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:55:02 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cgt59m$3c1$>
    mickey scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> They both do very good jobs, and complement
    >> each other; you shouldn't try to compare them,
    >> and they should BOTH be used.
    >>
    >> To control your cookies, try CookiePal
    >> http://www.kburra.com/cpal.html
    >>
    >> Above all, stay away from porn/warez and other
    >> dodgy sites...also P2P.

    <snip>

    >I saw your warning about p2p there and I see that I have it
    >on my system. Should this be removed then as I don't know
    >where it came from or if it was always in my system?
    > Mickey

    If you didn't install it, then it should be removed. Which
    P2P program is it? Do you know what P2P is?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 29, 2004
  7. Drvnguy

    xmp Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    > If you didn't install it, then it should be removed. Which
    > P2P program is it? Do you know what P2P is?

    P2P is used for making methamphetamine. It's also used to collect
    trojans and spyware.

    michael

    xmp, Aug 29, 2004
  8. Drvnguy

    mickey Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:55:02 +0000 (UTC), in
    > <cgt59m$3c1$>
    > mickey scrawled:
    >
    > >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > >> They both do very good jobs, and complement
    > >> each other; you shouldn't try to compare them,
    > >> and they should BOTH be used.
    > >>
    > >> To control your cookies, try CookiePal
    > >> http://www.kburra.com/cpal.html
    > >>
    > >> Above all, stay away from porn/warez and other
    > >> dodgy sites...also P2P.
    > >>

    > <snip>
    >
    > >I saw your warning about p2p there and I see that I have it
    > >on my system. Should this be removed then as I don't know
    > >where it came from or if it was always in my system?
    > > Mickey
    > >

    > If you didn't install it, then it should be removed. Which
    > P2P program is it? Do you know what P2P is?
    >
    > --
    > Basic computer maintenance

    I have a feeling that it was part of a Canon Photo Programme but I'm not
    certain
    Mickey

    mickey, Aug 29, 2004
  9. Drvnguy wrote:
    > Wich does a better job of cleaning up junk from your pc .i find
    > that adaware finds alot of tracking cookies ?..how can i stop this
    > action ?

    Both are spyware.

    John W. Hammond, Aug 30, 2004
  10. Drvnguy

    CalamityKen Guest

    John W. Hammond typed:
    > Drvnguy wrote:
    >> Wich does a better job of cleaning up junk from your pc .i find
    >> that adaware finds alot of tracking cookies ?..how can i stop this
    >> action ?

    > Both are spyware.

    You have proof troll?

    CalamityKen, Aug 30, 2004
  11. Drvnguy

    teabag Guest

    Go to Webroot and download their 30day trial of Spy Sweeper. I find that
    it finds spyware that spybot and adaware misses. I have them all on my
    computer. I like Spy Sweeper so much I probably will purchase the paid
    edition. Also on Webroot I love window washer for keeping my cookie files
    and index files cleaned out. I have one small problem which I refer to in
    another post.

    Teabag

    teabag, Aug 30, 2004
  12. Drvnguy

    dak Guest

    On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 18:16:13 -0600, "John W. Hammond" <>
    wrote (in two newsgroups):

    >Both are spyware.

    The alleged Mr. Hammond quite obviously does not know his burro from his
    burrow.

    <PLONK>

    --
    dak

    dak, Aug 30, 2004
  13. Drvnguy

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 20:19:58 GMT, in
    <OTqYc.1866$w%>
    xmp scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >
    >> If you didn't install it, then it should be removed. Which
    >> P2P program is it? Do you know what P2P is?
    >>

    >P2P is used for making methamphetamine. It's also used to collect
    >trojans and spyware.

    Your wisdom is mind boggling.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 30, 2004
  14. Drvnguy

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 21:37:09 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cgtia5$4no$>
    mickey scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:55:02 +0000 (UTC), in
    >> <cgt59m$3c1$>
    >> mickey scrawled:
    >>
    >> >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> >I saw your warning about p2p there and I see that I have it
    >> >on my system. Should this be removed then as I don't know
    >> >where it came from or if it was always in my system?
    >> > Mickey
    >> >

    >> If you didn't install it, then it should be removed. Which
    >> P2P program is it? Do you know what P2P is?

    >I have a feeling that it was part of a Canon Photo Programme but
    >I'm not certain
    > Mickey

    Then you *don't* know what P2P is. Leave things alone.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 30, 2004
  15. Drvnguy

    Scraggy Guest

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/familyalbum1/howtorecogniseahmm1.jpg

    --
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick
    boxing. -- Emo Philips

    Scraggy, Aug 30, 2004