  1. Pilbs

    Pilbs Guest

    Just downloaded SE1R62 17/08/05

    Pilbs, Aug 17, 2005

  2. Pilbs

    Bri. Guest

    In news:ddvujd$k64$-infra.bt.com,
    Pilbs typed...

    > Just downloaded SE1R62 17/08/05

    Thank you.

    --
    Bri.

    Bri., Aug 17, 2005

  3. Pilbs

    old jon Guest

    "Pilbs" <> wrote in message
    news:ddvujd$k64$-infra.bt.com...
    > Just downloaded SE1R62 17/08/05

    Thanks Pilbs.
    OJ.

    old jon, Aug 17, 2005
  4. Pilbs

    TJ Guest

    "Pilbs" <> wrote in message
    news:ddvujd$k64$-infra.bt.com...
    > Just downloaded SE1R62 17/08/05

    I have a 'chine at work that has Adaware Personal on it as does my home
    'chine. The one at work which runs XP Pro has problems sometimes in
    installing the updates. The one at home doesn't. I can go into the Lavasoft
    site and d/l the new definitions and manually replace the old one but that's
    cumbersome. I wonder why this is? The home 'chine has XP Home and has never
    encountered this problem. Odd...

    TJ, Aug 17, 2005
  5. Pilbs

    Mike Andrade Guest

    "TJ" <> wrote in news:vHNMe.36820$:

    > "Pilbs" <> wrote in message
    >> Just downloaded SE1R62 17/08/05
    >>

    > I have a 'chine at work that has Adaware Personal on it as does my
    > home 'chine. The one at work which runs XP Pro has problems
    > sometimes in installing the updates. The one at home doesn't. I
    > can go into the Lavasoft site and d/l the new definitions and
    > manually replace the old one but that's cumbersome. I wonder why
    > this is? The home 'chine has XP Home and has never encountered
    > this problem. Odd...

    It only happens to people who use "teenspeak," such as "'chine'."

    --
    Mike
    "Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather

    Mike Andrade, Aug 17, 2005
  6. Pilbs

    trout Guest

    [x-post snipped]

    TJ wrote:

    > "Pilbs" <> wrote in message
    >> Just downloaded SE1R62 17/08/05
    >>

    > I have a 'chine at work that has Adaware Personal on it as does my
    > home 'chine. The one at work which runs XP Pro has problems sometimes
    > in installing the updates. The one at home doesn't. I can go into the
    > Lavasoft site and d/l the new definitions and manually replace the
    > old one but that's cumbersome. I wonder why this is? The home 'chine
    > has XP Home and has never encountered this problem. Odd...

    You'll probably find the problem is with the firewall settings. It's
    possibly something in the nature of the firewall seeing the updating as
    a process launched by another process, and mistaken for application
    hijacking.
    --
    I can't think of a 'gnature.

    trout, Aug 17, 2005
  7. Pilbs

    Fran Guest

    You have firewall at work.

    Fran, Aug 17, 2005
  8. Pilbs

    Bunge Guest

    Fran wrote:

    :: You have firewall at work.

    With emergency exits?

    Bunge, Aug 17, 2005
  9. Pilbs

    Klaatu Guest

    On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:49:51 GMT, Mike Andrade posted to alt.comp.freeware:

    > "TJ" <> wrote in news:vHNMe.36820$:
    >
    >> I have a 'chine at work that has Adaware Personal on it as does my
    >> home 'chine. The one at work which runs XP Pro has problems
    >> sometimes in installing the updates. The one at home doesn't. I
    >> can go into the Lavasoft site and d/l the new definitions and
    >> manually replace the old one but that's cumbersome. I wonder why
    >> this is? The home 'chine has XP Home and has never encountered
    >> this problem. Odd...
    >>

    > It only happens to people who use "teenspeak," such as "'chine'."

    Or who install AdAware Personal, which is for private non-commercial use,
    onto a work machine.

    --
    Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard drive?

    Klaatu, Aug 18, 2005