Adaptive/Linear?

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Mike Smith, Sep 9, 2003.

  1. Mike Smith

    Mike Smith Guest

    Hello,

    I just discovered that the current adaptive A+ tests end this Thursday,
    September 11th. Beginning on September 12th, the tests becomes linear,
    which means 80 questions instead of 15 to 20 questions. Even though the
    test becomes linear, I believe it keeps the current 2001 objectives until
    sometime in November when it begins to use the new 2003 objectives.

    What exactly does this all this mean? How does the linear test compare to
    the adaptive test? Do I need to do anything differently to prepare for it?
    I've been waiting on voucher numbers from my employer, which only just
    arrived late last week, before scheduling the test. I believe I need some
    more time to prepare for the test, especially the OS exam, so there is no
    way I'll be ready by this Thursday. I guess that means I'm going to have to
    take the linear test.

    Any advice or suggestions would be welcomed.

    Thanks.

    Mike

    Mike Smith, Sep 9, 2003

  2. Mike Smith

    RussS Guest

    All that is means is that it will take you maybe an hour for the exam
    instead of the 5 minutes it used to take. Of course the exam may start to
    gain some respect once more now that b/s adaptive failure is past.
    If you have prepared well there should be no problems for you.

    RussS, Sep 9, 2003

  3. On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 16:28:23 +1200, "RussS" <>
    wrote:

    >All that is means is that it will take you maybe an hour for the exam
    >instead of the 5 minutes it used to take. Of course the exam may start to
    >gain some respect once more now that b/s adaptive failure is past.
    >If you have prepared well there should be no problems for you.

    If the new linear test is similar to the old ones, it may be possible
    to do both together in well under an hour also. Sometimes, when one
    doesn't have time to spare, one has to rush. :)

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Sep 9, 2003
  4. Mike Smith

    Ghost Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 16:28:23 +1200, "RussS" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >All that is means is that it will take you maybe an hour for the exam
    > >instead of the 5 minutes it used to take. Of course the exam may start to
    > >gain some respect once more now that b/s adaptive failure is past.
    > >If you have prepared well there should be no problems for you.
    > >

    > If the new linear test is similar to the old ones, it may be possible
    > to do both together in well under an hour also. Sometimes, when one
    > doesn't have time to spare, one has to rush. :)
    >
    > Tom

    I took mine under the old exam system... I seem to recall I did both
    exams consecutively in about 20-25 minutes for both exams (about 10
    minutes or so each)

    Ghost, Sep 10, 2003
  5. On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 23:20:52 GMT, (Ghost) wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 16:28:23 +1200, "RussS" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >All that is means is that it will take you maybe an hour for the exam
    >> >instead of the 5 minutes it used to take. Of course the exam may start to
    >> >gain some respect once more now that b/s adaptive failure is past.
    >> >If you have prepared well there should be no problems for you.
    >> >

    >> If the new linear test is similar to the old ones, it may be possible
    >> to do both together in well under an hour also. Sometimes, when one
    >> doesn't have time to spare, one has to rush. :)
    >>
    >> Tom

    >I took mine under the old exam system... I seem to recall I did both
    >exams consecutively in about 20-25 minutes for both exams (about 10
    >minutes or so each)

    I live in a small city, not much traffic...left work (electronics
    repair business), drove to the testing center, about 3/4 mile, was
    processed very quickly, did both full tests and 2 betas for each, got
    my results, drove home with the good news for my wife, 1.25 miles...35
    minutes total. Then I went back to work (why I rushed, mainly, in the
    first place). I don't like to waste time when it can be avoided.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Sep 10, 2003
  6. Mike Smith

    Ghost Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 23:20:52 GMT, (Ghost) wrote:
    >
    > >In article <>,
    > > wrote:

    > >> If the new linear test is similar to the old ones, it may be possible
    > >> to do both together in well under an hour also. Sometimes, when one
    > >> doesn't have time to spare, one has to rush. :)
    > >>
    > >> Tom

    > >I took mine under the old exam system... I seem to recall I did both
    > >exams consecutively in about 20-25 minutes for both exams (about 10
    > >minutes or so each)

    > I live in a small city, not much traffic...left work (electronics
    > repair business), drove to the testing center, about 3/4 mile, was
    > processed very quickly, did both full tests and 2 betas for each, got
    > my results, drove home with the good news for my wife, 1.25 miles...35
    > minutes total. Then I went back to work (why I rushed, mainly, in the
    > first place). I don't like to waste time when it can be avoided.
    >
    > Tom

    Oh yeah???

    Well, *I* drove past the speed of light, got to the testing center before
    I left home, finished both tests, cleaned up the testing center, drove
    back home past the speed of light again, went back to bed beofre I took
    the exams, and passed them both before I woke up!

    lol

    Ghost, Sep 10, 2003