    8800, or would be willing to make it at a "reasonable" price? I
    can/will do it myself, but I don't have a shop handy.

    , May 16, 2005

  2. Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > It would seem to me that it should be fairly easy to create a plate
    > that can be placed atop a standard panning tripod to allow one to
    > center the lens node on the axis of the tripod - important for
    > eliminating paralax when taking panoramic shots. (Yes, I know that when
    > I tilt the camera I will incur a penalty due to motion of the node, but
    > the simplicity and savings seem to make it worth a try.)
    >
    > Clearly to do it "right" one needs a rig like the Manfroto 303 QTVR,
    > but $380 or more is money I don't want to spend. A simple "L-shaped"
    > plate with a threaded hole in the right position to attach to the
    > tripod head and a screw sliding in a slot in the "L" leg would seem to
    > do the job quite well. (The "L" is necessary because Nikon put the
    > tripod hole not on the axis of the lens).
    >
    > Does anyone know of someone who sells such a plate suitable for a Nikon
    > 8800, or would be willing to make it at a "reasonable" price? I
    > can/will do it myself, but I don't have a shop handy.

    Novoflex makes two L brackets that could be used.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, May 16, 2005

  3. Cooter Guest

    FYI - Someone on one of the CP8800 forums published figures related to the
    offset from the tripod screw. According to the post at the 8.9 mm (full wide
    angle) the nodal point was 76 mm in front of, and 22 to the side of the
    center of the tripod screw. If you have other figures I would appreciate it
    if you put them in a follow-up.

    Cooter, May 16, 2005
  4. Guest

    I looked at their site and found several things that come close to what
    I imagined.
    http://www.novoflex.de/english/html/products.htm

    I imagine what you were suggesting is their "MC-VERTIKAL" at 79euro.
    Since I'd need two that would be about $200 which unfortunately is
    considerably more than what I envisioned.

    I'll probably make one, perhaps starting with a simple flash mount.

    , May 17, 2005
  5. Guest

    , May 22, 2005