    this pc in the access settings of the router but still it says that it is
    not connected. I have used ipconfig and it says that media is disconnected,
    what do I do?

    T5, Nov 22, 2006

  2. T5

    David Hettel Guest

    You have said that you have enabled access to this pc in the access settings
    of the router. That sounds like you are using a MAC access control list as a
    security settings. On this pc I'd suggest that you go | Start | Run | CMD
    {Enter} | ipconfig /all | and compare the Physical Address listed to what
    you have enter in the wireless router, sometimes the printed value on a card
    is wrong. It sounds to me as if you have a security value set wrong.

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com