    is there any for mounting my range of Nikon lenses on my Mamiya?

    --
    Sandman[.net]

    Sandman, May 29, 2012

  2. Sandman

    J. Clarke Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > I've seen the other way around, for using Mamiya lenses on Nikons, but
    > is there any for mounting my range of Nikon lenses on my Mamiya?

    What model Mamiya? Mamiya has made everything from Pentax mount 35mm
    SLRs to press cameras and twin lens reflex, and they all have different
    mounts.

    J. Clarke, May 29, 2012

  3. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    In article <>,
    "J. Clarke" <> wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > >
    > > I've seen the other way around, for using Mamiya lenses on Nikons, but
    > > is there any for mounting my range of Nikon lenses on my Mamiya?

    > What model Mamiya? Mamiya has made everything from Pentax mount 35mm
    > SLRs to press cameras and twin lens reflex, and they all have different
    > mounts.

    Sorry, I have the 645 Pro TL. But as Darrell pointed out, my Nikon FX
    lenses wouldn't cover the entire film area either way. :)

    --
    Sandman[.net]

    Sandman, May 29, 2012
  4. Sandman <> writes:

    > I've seen the other way around, for using Mamiya lenses on Nikons, but
    > is there any for mounting my range of Nikon lenses on my Mamiya?

    Generally speaking, it's not useful to use lenses designed for small
    film/sensors on much larger film/sensors -- because the image circle
    won't cover the full sensor, or will be severely vignetted or of low
    quality at the edges.

    So adapters for doing that aren't too common. Sometimes, for a
    moderate-telephoto lens and not too much bigger a sensor, it even mostly
    works.
    --
    David Dyer-Bennet, ; http://dd-b.net/
    Dragaera: http://dragaera.info