    Any idea or info about this ?

    Regards,

    Jean-Baptiste

    NNBXX, May 10, 2005

  2. NNBXX

    Rick Guest

    NNBXX wrote:

    > Has anyone heard about Adaptac plans regarding their SCSI and HostRAID
    > drivers for Win XP x64 ?
    >
    > I emailed them two times, but they never replied to my mails. So I wonder
    > whether there is something dubious with their x64 strategy.
    >
    > Any idea or info about this ?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Jean-Baptiste

    According to the AMD site, Adaptec drivers are included in the Win x64
    distribution.

    http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/DevelopWithAMD/0,,30_2252_869_875^10454,00.html

    Rick, May 10, 2005

  3. NNBXX

    NNBXX Guest

    Thank you for the info and the link, Rick. But could it be such a big
    difference between the RC1 - RC2 versions of x64 and the final release
    (Build 1830), because when I tried to install RC1 and RC2 with the Adaptec
    embedded HostRAID controller, it found no drivers ?

    NNBXX, May 10, 2005
  4. Yes, there were SIGNIFICANT differences between RC2 and RTM on disk drivers.
    Look at all the people having BSOD issues with the VIA drivers that were
    widely available. As to what changed? No idea. But clearly there were
    differences, and you'll need current drivers, either in the box or from
    Adaptec directly.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 11, 2005
  5. NNBXX

    NNBXX Guest

    Hello Charlie,

    Thank you very much for your answer. I feel better now !
    And you know what ? I finally just received a reply from Adaptec yesterday
    evening, here it is :

    Dear Jean-Baptiste,

    Thank you for your inquiry. The next service pack from Microsoft will have
    the 64 bit drivers embedded.

    Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions. Thank you.

    Best Regards, Adaptec Sales

    Thank you.

    Adaptec Incorporated

    BTW, did you notice that they call Win XP Pro x64 Edition a "service pack",
    LOL ?

    I know someone in this NG who will be happy ;)

    Kind Regards,

    Jean-Baptiste

    NNBXX, May 11, 2005
  6. NNBXX

    Rick Guest

    Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    > Yes, there were SIGNIFICANT differences between RC2 and RTM on disk drivers.
    > Look at all the people having BSOD issues with the VIA drivers that were
    > widely available. As to what changed? No idea. But clearly there were
    > differences, and you'll need current drivers, either in the box or from
    > Adaptec directly.

    From what I have seen here, most of the problems with VIA drivers has
    to do with the fact that several people have tried to use 'un-decorated'
    files with the RTM. Granted, VIA didn't have 'decorated' drivers for
    download until recently, but they are available now.

    Rick, May 11, 2005
  7. It was more than that, because I hit up against it hard, and I had personally
    decorated those drivers myself. ;) I was scrambling till I found the post RC1
    set on planetAMD64. (And this was before VIA had any available.)

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 11, 2005