    someone be very kind and email them to me please? I cannot find them
    *anywhere*! Any other advice gratefully received

    Many thanks - Anthony
    anthony, Nov 5, 2009

  2. I think you may have been mis-informed. The last drivers Adaptec
    published were 8 Nov 2002 and even the Microsoft Update Catalog is older
    than that at 21 Feb 2001

    Bobby Johnson, Nov 5, 2009

  3. According to
    http://ask.adaptec.com/scripts/adaptec_tic.cfg/php.exe/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=14790
    the 39160 Vista drivers are included on the Vista disk.

    http://ask.adaptec.com/scripts/adap...nMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=&p_topview=1
    says no Windows 7 drivers for the 39160 exist and none are planned.

    Dominic Payer, Nov 5, 2009
  4. anthony

    anthony Guest

    I now have copies and can confirm that the Vista 64 bit drivers for
    the Adaptec 39160 work under Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
    anthony, Nov 6, 2009
  5. anthony

    silkwilk237 Guest

    silkwilk237, Nov 13, 2009
  6. anthony

    anthony Guest

    anthony, Nov 15, 2009
  7. anthony

    silkwilk237 Guest

    silkwilk237, Nov 16, 2009
  8. anthony

    anthony Guest

    On 16 Nov, 00:43, silkwilk237 <>
    wrote:
    > thanks for getting back so quickly.   is my email.
    >
    > ''
    > Ed
    >
    > --
    > silkwilk237
    > silkwilk237's Profile:http://forums.techarena.in/members/154298.htm
    > View this thread:http://forums.techarena.in/windows-x64-edition/1267579.htm
    >
    > http://forums.techarena.in

    I'd love to help you Ed but messages to this email address are
    bouncing. Send an email to and I'll reply to it.
    Make the subject Adaptec 39160
    anthony, Nov 16, 2009
  9. anthony

    anthony Guest

    anthony, Nov 16, 2009
  10. anthony

    Wilkirich Guest

    Wilkirich, Nov 30, 2009
  11. I found the following via an internet search:

    Forum page:
    http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/2145-adaptec-29160-driver-not-installed-how-3.html

    this is page 3 and in the first post is a link to the driver:

    http://www.sevenforums.com/attachme...river-not-installed-how-adaptec-vista-x64.zip

    Bobby Johnson, Nov 30, 2009
  12. anthony

    Wilkirich Guest

    Hi many many thanks for posting that link.............currently when
    go to install Windows 7 I cannot find my disk drives.........but i
    gives me the option of locating drivers...........I assume I point 7 i
    the direction of my pen drive where these will be secreted.......and i
    will recognise the drives........am i right in thinkin
    this............or is it more involved?

    Thanks for your help so far

    Richar

    --
    Wilkiric
    Wilkirich's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/159549.ht

    http://forums.techarena.i
    Wilkirich, Nov 30, 2009
  13. As far as I know you have it right about pointing to your pen drive with
    the 2 files on it. I haven't had to do it with any of my computers so I
    can't make an absolute statement.

    Bobby Johnson, Nov 30, 2009
  14. anthony

    Wilkirich Guest