    MrB Guest

    At a minimum, what do I need to spend to adapt the D70 to take a picture
    through my scope? Thanks in advance for your help.

    MrB, May 3, 2005

  2. MrB

    Juan Motine Guest

    "MrB" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    | At a minimum, what do I need to spend to adapt the D70 to take a picture
    | through my scope? Thanks in advance for your help.

    $3,734.98, USD.

    Juan Motine, May 3, 2005

  3. MrB

    Jim Guest

    "MrB" <> wrote in message
    > At a minimum, what do I need to spend to adapt the D70 to take a picture
    > through my scope? Thanks in advance for your help.

    T mount for the Nextar. T adapter for the D70. Consult one of the online
    telescope shops for advice.
    Jim

    Jim, May 3, 2005
  4. MrB

    Tony Guest

    You will need to buy the T adaptor for your camera and the equivalent T ring
    for the telescope. The last time I priced a Tadaptor it was about 20-25
    bucks. I would assume the equivalent part for the scope wouldn't be much
    more.
    Before you spend the money though be sure to find out if you can use a T
    adaptor on the D70. There are some Nikon models that will not function
    without an electronic lens mounted, and I have no idea if Nikon has come up
    with an adaptor for them.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony, May 3, 2005
  5. MrB

    Paul Rubin Guest

    "Tony" <> writes:
    > Before you spend the money though be sure to find out if you can use a T
    > adaptor on the D70. There are some Nikon models that will not function
    > without an electronic lens mounted, and I have no idea if Nikon has come up
    > with an adaptor for them.

    The D70 won't meter without an electronic lens attached, but with
    manual lenses you can shoot in manual mode.

    Paul Rubin, May 3, 2005