AD: Ultra-Sharpen 7.0 Pro On Sale - Sale Ends 9/30/05

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by J. A. Mc., Sep 6, 2005.

  1. J. A. Mc.

    J. A. Mc. Guest

    On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 18:02:45 -0600, "David Keller"
    <> found these unused words floating about:

    >"Pix on Canvas" <> wrote in message
    >> Kingdom wrote:
    >>> Robert Barnett don't you know spammers are to be despised?
    >>>

    >> In these groups, telling the group about one of the best tools in the
    >> world for fixing fuzzy digital images, just getting better is hardly
    >> spamming... Or perhaps all your photos are pin sharp and don't need
    >> adjusting?

    >I can't speak for any group cross-posted here except rec.photo.digital, and
    >it's charter reads:
    >
    >1. CHARTER OF REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL
    >
    > "This group is for the discussion of all aspects of digital photography,
    > including digital cameras, scanners, image manipulation software,
    > printers, and CD-ROM technology. All postings made to this group should
    > conform to existing Usenet guidelines (see news.announce.newusers for
    > guideline documents). This group explicitly prohibits the posting of
    > commercial advertisments or other promotional material, whether or not
    > it is an any way related to photography. Binary postings (i.e. non text
    > postings) are prohibited."
    >
    >The value of the product or the current price is irrelevant in that context.
    >
    >Given the clarity of that charter only a knucklehead would advertise here
    >and only another knucklehead would support them in that, and not expect a
    >cursory admonishment.

    Just the fact that it's crossposted, declaims "SPAMmer" !

    J. A. Mc., Sep 6, 2005

  2. For a limited time you can buy Ultra-Sharpen 7.0 Pro at $5.00 off the
    regular price. That makes the e-mail package $10 and the CD package $15.00 +
    $3.00 shipping.

    Ultra-Sharpen is an easy to use package for sharpening your digital images
    with Photoshop. Ultra-Sharpen allows you to control what does and doesn't
    get sharpened and how much is applied to the various areas. It can also
    sharpen your images without sharpening the noise or grain in your images,
    without haloing and without color or exposure shifts.

    http://www.ultrasharpen.com

    Robert Barnett, Sep 6, 2005

  3. J. A. Mc.

    Kingdom Guest

    Robert Barnett don't you know spammers are to be despised?

    Kingdom, Sep 6, 2005

    --
    Douglas,
    My name is but a handle on the doorway to my life.

    Pix on Canvas, Sep 6, 2005
  5. J. A. Mc.

    Kinon O'cann Guest

    > Kingdom wrote:
    >> Robert Barnett don't you know spammers are to be despised?
    >>

    > In these groups, telling the group about one of the best tools in the
    > world for fixing fuzzy digital images, just getting better is hardly
    > spamming... Or perhaps all your photos are pin sharp and don't need
    > adjusting?

    Whatever they need, I won't buy from a spammer. Keep this trash off this NG,
    please.

    Kinon O'cann, Sep 7, 2005
  6. J. A. Mc.

    David Keller Guest

    David Keller, Sep 7, 2005
  7. J. A. Mc.

    Hecate Guest

    On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 07:47:07 +1000, Pix on Canvas
    <> wrote:

    >Kingdom wrote:
    >> Robert Barnett don't you know spammers are to be despised?
    >>

    >In these groups, telling the group about one of the best tools in the
    >world for fixing fuzzy digital images, just getting better is hardly
    >spamming... Or perhaps all your photos are pin sharp and don't need
    >adjusting?

    Spam is spam, doesn't matter what the "product" is, even if it is
    obviously aimed at someone like you who never gets their images sharp.

    --

    Hecate - The Real One

    Hecate, Sep 7, 2005
  8. J. A. Mc.

    Scruff Guest

    "Kinon O'cann" <Yes.it's.me.Bowser> wrote in message

    > "Pix on Canvas" <> wrote in message
    > > Kingdom wrote:
    > >> Robert Barnett don't you know spammers are to be despised?
    > >>

    > > In these groups, telling the group about one of the best tools in the
    > > world for fixing fuzzy digital images, just getting better is hardly
    > > spamming... Or perhaps all your photos are pin sharp and don't need
    > > adjusting?

    > Whatever they need, I won't buy from a spammer. Keep this trash off this

    NG,
    > please.
    >

    > > --
    > > Douglas,
    > > My name is but a handle on the doorway to my life.

    You're a moron. This is good stuff and totally PS specific.
    I bought it so your opinion is negated.

    Scruff, Sep 7, 2005
  9. J. A. Mc.

    Scruff Guest

    "David Keller" <> wrote in message

    > 1. CHARTER OF REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL
    >
    > "This group is for the discussion of all aspects of digital

    photography,
    > including digital cameras, scanners, image manipulation software,
    > printers, and CD-ROM technology. All postings made to this group should
    > conform to existing Usenet guidelines (see news.announce.newusers for
    > guideline documents). This group explicitly prohibits the posting of
    > commercial advertisments or other promotional material, whether or not
    > it is an any way related to photography. Binary postings (i.e. non text
    > postings) are prohibited."
    >
    > The value of the product or the current price is irrelevant in that

    context.

    > Given the clarity of that charter only a knucklehead would advertise here
    > and only another knucklehead would support them in that, and not expect a
    > cursory admonishment.

    CHARTER? We don't need no stinkin" CHARTER!
    What kind of total pussy are you to post a charter item?

    Scruff, Sep 7, 2005
  10. J. A. Mc.

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 20:51:00 -0400, Scruff wrote:

    > "Kinon O'cann" <Yes.it's.me.Bowser> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Pix on Canvas" <> wrote in message
    >> >>

    >> > In these groups, telling the group about one of the best tools in the
    >> > world for fixing fuzzy digital images, just getting better is hardly
    >> > spamming... Or perhaps all your photos are pin sharp and don't need
    >> > adjusting?

    >> Whatever they need, I won't buy from a spammer. Keep this trash off this

    > NG,
    >> please.
    >>

    >> > --
    >> > Douglas,
    >> > My name is but a handle on the doorway to my life.

    > You're a moron. This is good stuff and totally PS specific.
    > I bought it so your opinion is negated.

    It is NOT 'good stuff'! As was pointed out it is against this newsgroups
    charter and also doesn't give sufficient info. to be of any use to me
    anyway.
    Crossposting elim.
    --
    Neil
    Delete delete to reply by email

    Neil Ellwood, Sep 7, 2005
  11. J. A. Mc.

    Kingdom Guest

    Pix on Canvas <> wrote in

    > Kingdom wrote:
    >> Robert Barnett don't you know spammers are to be despised?
    >>

    > In these groups, telling the group about one of the best tools in the
    > world for fixing fuzzy digital images, just getting better is hardly
    > spamming... Or perhaps all your photos are pin sharp and don't need
    > adjusting?

    It's still spam!

    --
    f=Ma well, nearly...

    Kingdom, Sep 7, 2005
  12. J. A. Mc.

    Stacey Guest

    Since this was brought up....

    I have used both ultrasharpen 6.0 and 7.0 and feel it lost a lot in the
    newer version. They changed from using a "glowing edges" based mask to a
    "find edges" based mask to gain 16 bit support and in the process, it isn't
    nearly as good at finding the objects in an image that need sharpening and
    ignoring the ones that don't. The fact it's an action is nice in that you
    can stop the action using the esc key and take a brush tool to touch up
    either of the sharpening masks and then continue, but the old glowing edges
    version worked MUCH better and never seemed to need this sort of touching
    up or at least not much. Given sharpening should really be the LAST tool
    used on an image, I don't see the use in losing the superior glowing edges
    mask to gain 16 bit compliance when you can't really use the 16 bit info to
    print with anyway.

    I'm sure he got complaints from too many people about wanting 16 bit who
    don't understand image processing. The tool would be a LOT more useful if
    he supplied a 8 bit version/action of the plugin that used the old glowing
    edges type mask.

    So now we are back "on topic"?

    --

    Stacey

    Stacey, Sep 7, 2005
  13. J. A. Mc.

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    "Scruff" <Get@Grip> wrote in message

    > "Kinon O'cann" <Yes.it's.me.Bowser> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Pix on Canvas" <> wrote in message
    >> >>

    >> > In these groups, telling the group about one of the best tools in the
    >> > world for fixing fuzzy digital images, just getting better is hardly
    >> > spamming... Or perhaps all your photos are pin sharp and don't need
    >> > adjusting?

    >> Whatever they need, I won't buy from a spammer. Keep this trash off this

    > NG,
    >> please.
    >>

    >> > --
    >> > Douglas,
    >> > My name is but a handle on the doorway to my life.

    > You're a moron. This is good stuff and totally PS specific.
    > I bought it so your opinion is negated.

    Good. Support spammers. Enhance your trash pix. Insult people for no reason.

    Jackass.

    Kinon O'Cann, Sep 7, 2005
  14. J. A. Mc.

    > "David Keller" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> 1. CHARTER OF REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL
    >>
    >> "This group is for the discussion of all aspects of digital

    > photography,
    >> including digital cameras, scanners, image manipulation software,
    >> printers, and CD-ROM technology. All postings made to this group
    >> should
    >> conform to existing Usenet guidelines (see news.announce.newusers for
    >> guideline documents). This group explicitly prohibits the posting of
    >> commercial advertisments or other promotional material, whether or not
    >> it is an any way related to photography. Binary postings (i.e. non
    >> text
    >> postings) are prohibited."
    >>
    >> The value of the product or the current price is irrelevant in that

    > context.
    >>
    >> Given the clarity of that charter only a knucklehead would advertise here
    >> and only another knucklehead would support them in that, and not expect a
    >> cursory admonishment.

    > CHARTER? We don't need no stinkin" CHARTER!
    > What kind of total pussy are you to post a charter item?

    The kind who drops a log of shit in your mother's mouth, asswipe. Now get
    back in your parent's basement.

    Kinon O'Cann, Sep 7, 2005
  15. J. A. Mc.

    Scruff Guest

    "Kinon O'Cann" <> wrote in message

    > "Scruff" <Get@Grip> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Kinon O'cann" <Yes.it's.me.Bowser> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "Pix on Canvas" <> wrote in message

    > >> Whatever they need, I won't buy from a spammer. Keep this trash off

    this
    > > NG,
    > >> please.

    > > You're a moron. This is good stuff and totally PS specific.
    > > I bought it so your opinion is negated.

    > Good. Support spammers. Enhance your trash pix. Insult people for no

    reason.

    > Jackass.

    Troll

    Scruff, Sep 7, 2005
  16. J. A. Mc.

    > "Scruff" <Get@Grip> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "David Keller" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >> 1. CHARTER OF REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL
    > >>
    > >> "This group is for the discussion of all aspects of digital

    > > photography,
    > >> including digital cameras, scanners, image manipulation software,
    > >> printers, and CD-ROM technology. All postings made to this group
    > >> should
    > >> conform to existing Usenet guidelines (see news.announce.newusers

    for
    > >> guideline documents). This group explicitly prohibits the posting of
    > >> commercial advertisments or other promotional material, whether or

    not
    > >> it is an any way related to photography. Binary postings (i.e. non
    > >> text
    > >> postings) are prohibited."
    > >>
    > >> The value of the product or the current price is irrelevant in that

    > > context.
    > >>
    > >> Given the clarity of that charter only a knucklehead would advertise

    here
    > >> and only another knucklehead would support them in that, and not expect

    > >> cursory admonishment.

    > > CHARTER? We don't need no stinkin" CHARTER!
    > > What kind of total pussy are you to post a charter item?

    > The kind who drops a log of shit in your mother's mouth, asswipe. Now get
    > back in your parent's basement.

    Oooh! I have a newbie NG Stalker!
    Why don't you hook up with Charter Boy and have a nice circle jerk on the
    Usenet Bill of Rights.
    Oh, by the way, watch out behind you, the head librarian may be watching
    you.

    Scruff, Sep 7, 2005
  17. I wouldn't talk about trash on this newsgroup. Hell they are talking about
    Gilligan, Would you kill a looter, Land of free my ass and more.

    At least my "spam" was on topic for Photoshop.

    Robert

    Ultra-Sharpen, Sep 7, 2005
  18. Oh, for gods sake people. Why do we have to act like 2 years olds. I get it.
    Some of you don't mind the post, others do. That is no reason to get nasty
    with each other. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and no ones is wrong.

    However, when you all start the name calling it makes the newsgroup a very
    unpleasant place to be.

    I am sorry I posted the message. I just thought someone might want to know.

    Robert

    Ultra-Sharpen, Sep 7, 2005
  19. What kind of info would you have liked. The web site has most of the info
    one could ask for. As for the post I don't post this all that often. Maybe
    once or twice a year just to let people know what is going on.

    As for the charter, maybe they should enforce it better by stopping the off
    topic posts that have nothing to do with Photography. Maybe they should stop
    the name calling posts and the like. Maybe then people might take the
    charter more seriously. Until that happens it is more a joke than something
    that should be paid attention too.

    Robert

    Ultra-Sharpen, Sep 7, 2005
  20. J. A. Mc.

    Scruff Guest

    "Ultra-Sharpen" <> wrote in message
    > I wouldn't talk about trash on this newsgroup. Hell they are talking about
    > Gilligan, Would you kill a looter, Land of free my ass and more.
    >
    > At least my "spam" was on topic for Photoshop.
    >
    > Robert

    You're welcome here anytime, Robert

    Scruff, Sep 7, 2005