ad.uk.doubleclick.net hell - please help.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Extracoconut, May 16, 2005.

  1. Extracoconut

    Extracoconut Guest

    Problem surfing...

    Doesn't seem to matter which browser I'm using, but because FF is better
    than IE, I have been able to identify what the problem is.

    Bloody "ad.uk.doubleclick.net"

    I try a website like www.independent.co.uk or www.timesonline.co.uk and
    after the banner loads up, the page sits there for ages, up to a good few
    minutes, with the legend, "Connecting to ad.uk.doubleclick.net..." in the
    bottom left hand corner.

    I've tried ad-aware, norton, entering 127.0.0.1 in the Hosts folder to stop
    this! There doesn't seem to be any ads loading (thank god) but the page
    still takes an age to load.

    Any ideas?

    Chris.

    Extracoconut, May 16, 2005

  2. Extracoconut

    old jon Guest

    Try Spybot Search & destroy..J

    old jon, May 16, 2005

  3. Extracoconut

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 16 May 2005 18:40:38 +0100, Extracoconut wrote:

    >Problem surfing...
    >
    >Doesn't seem to matter which browser I'm using, but because FF is better
    >than IE, I have been able to identify what the problem is.
    >
    >Bloody "ad.uk.doubleclick.net"
    >
    >I try a website like www.independent.co.uk or www.timesonline.co.uk and

    With my FW not allowing JavaScript by default it's fine all I see the
    the ad (blocked as well) placeholder.

    >after the banner loads up, the page sits there for ages, up to a good few
    >minutes, with the legend, "Connecting to ad.uk.doubleclick.net..." in the
    >bottom left hand corner.

    Looking at a packet sniffer capture -

    Browser opens -
    ad.uk.doubleclick.net
    does a lookup to
    ad.3uk.doubleclick.net (213.86.246.154)

    then

    Browser opens -
    rd.intl.doubleclick.net
    lookup to
    rd.3intl.doubleclick.net (216.73.86.84)

    >I've tried ad-aware, norton, entering 127.0.0.1 in the Hosts folder to stop
    >this! There doesn't seem to be any ads loading (thank god) but the page
    >still takes an age to load.
    >
    >Any ideas?

    One of the doubleclick servers is broken?

    Or something else?

    Me

    why?, May 16, 2005
  4. Extracoconut

    <> wrote:

    |>Problem surfing...
    |>
    |>Doesn't seem to matter which browser I'm using, but because FF is better
    |>than IE, I have been able to identify what the problem is.
    |>
    |>Bloody "ad.uk.doubleclick.net"
    |>
    |>I try a website like www.independent.co.uk or www.timesonline.co.uk and
    |>after the banner loads up, the page sits there for ages, up to a good few
    |>minutes, with the legend, "Connecting to ad.uk.doubleclick.net..." in the
    |>bottom left hand corner.
    |>
    |>I've tried ad-aware, norton, entering 127.0.0.1 in the Hosts folder to stop
    |>this! There doesn't seem to be any ads loading (thank god) but the page
    |>still takes an age to load.

    Maybe you enter'd it wrong or didn't reboot after the HOSTS file edit
    From my hosts file:
    127.0.0.1 ad.uk.doubleclick.net

    I use the one from http://www.everythingisnt.com/hosts.html

    The pages you referenced load for me just fine and ad free.

    --
    Someone's mother...
    http://www.petitiononline.com/UCAWWW/petition.html

    , May 16, 2005
  5. Extracoconut

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 16 May 2005 11:12:04 -0700, wrote:

    >The pages you referenced load for me just fine and ad free.
    >
    >--
    >Someone's mother...
    >http://www.petitiononline.com/UCAWWW/petition.html

    All clear here too. Did you sign the partition? What a gag.

    and for the same reason."

    joevan, May 16, 2005
  6. Extracoconut

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 16 May 2005 18:19:11 GMT, joevan <>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 16 May 2005 11:12:04 -0700, wrote:
    >
    >>The pages you referenced load for me just fine and ad free.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Someone's mother...
    >>http://www.petitiononline.com/UCAWWW/petition.html

    >All clear here too. Did you sign the partition? What a gag.

    This is just too much. The devil made me copy and paste.

    somebody email me and let me know when the internet is completely shut
    down, thanks.
    548. Jeff Jones I am an internet addict, and I applaud your effort.
    Please release my demons - never give up! Thank you!!
    547. Anon y mous Is this a little ironic using the internet to have a
    petition advocating the shutdown of the internet. Should the prefered
    method of signature gathering be paper?
    546. Farker Nunpoo Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed,
    weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of "hot xxx
    galore." While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there cam a
    warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear
    amour, " 'Tis not possible," I muttered, "give me back my fee
    hardcore!".... quoth the server, 404.
    545. Haywud Jablomee
    544. Jack Ass This has got to be the most rediculous thing I've ever
    seen. 1. You can't stifle right to life, liberty and the pursuit of
    happiness, and 2. You're using your hated medium as a venue for this
    position. If you can't handle using the WWW (or alcohol, gambling,
    etc) the DON'T use it. Also, I'm glad there are no longer homeless or
    starving people in the world...
    543. Amanda Hugginkiss The intarweb gave me teh ghey! It must be
    stopped before others can be infected with this disease!
    542.
    541. Harry Balsonnit Every petition needs Harry Balsonnit.
    540. Josh Haha, are you serious? This has to be a joke. *mutters
    something under his break about the right wing*
    539. irwhiteboi YEESSS THE INTERNET IS SOOO FILGHT!!

    538. Oliver Cromwell This evil must be stopped! Also, we've gotta do
    something about those pesky Catholics.
    537. Lord Cthulhu The internet is for porn! Grab your dick and double
    click - For porn, porn, porn!
    536. Larry Mao Andrew Oswald very funny. You can't be serious
    535. John Nowak
    534. Religious Nutball Freak I'm crazy.
    533. Hugh G. Rectshun
    532. Youare A. Bunchoflosers Don't like it...don't view it. Couldn't
    be simpler
    531. Scott Whalen
    530. Max Power
    529. pshaw Let's ban the medium that this petition relies upon.
    528. the REAL tanuki (as opposed to the one below me) Whoa EVER used
    my tanuki tag can rot in hell with that cow
    527. tanuki you are all fags
    526. wow this is gay gays for gays and gays for flays
    525. who cares the internet is not all porn you stupid b!tch just
    because you caught your son/husband wanking dont mean you have to try
    and turn off the internet
    524. Beavis & Butt-Head Uhhhh...this chick is like...stupid or
    something. Heh Heh, no way Butt-Head - she's usin' the tools of the
    enemy against him, and stuff. Huh huh, shut up, Beavis....
    523. dam interweb the interweb killed and raped my cat ate my birds
    p!ssed on my lawn and thats just in the 1st 2 mins
    522. shop for brains dr.brains said she needs a new brain
    521. Angel Marie I have been turned to the light and saved. I now
    realize that I only find stupidity on the internet. Oh the Irony! You
    are against the internet yet you are drawn to use it. You don't find
    anything wrong with that?
    520. someone you make a good point
    519. Jesus H. Christ So I guess you don't care that you'd destroy the
    Christian websites either do you? Dumbass.
    518. Freaktard The Internet gave me AIDS!
    517. philip are you kidding me?? you have your own website?? that goes
    against everything you stand for!! You are really retarded, i might
    add...all of you who support SHUTTING DOWN THE INTERNET have lost
    complete control of your minds!
    516. I Hate The FCC Ban the internet through an online petition! ROFL
    515. poopforbrains i pooped ma pants
    514. hentai http://www.happyhentai.com/ bleep bloop bleep bloop
    513. what the fuk blip blop blip blop bleep bloop bleep bloop FUKING
    BLEEP
    512. DUDE MY COCK IS HARD LOLZ CARMEN ELECTRA HERE! LOLZ CARMEN
    ELECTRA HERE! LOLZ CARMEN ELECTRA HERE! LOLZ CARMEN ELECTRA HERE! LOLZ
    CARMEN ELECTRA HERE! LOLZ CARMEN ELECTRA HERE! LOLZ CARMEN ELECTRA
    HERE! LOLZ CARMEN ELECTRA HERE! LOLZ CARMEN ELECTRA HERE! LOLZ CARMEN
    ELECTRA HERE! LOLZ CARMEN ELECTRA HERE! LOLZ CARMEN ELECTRA HERE! LOLZ
    CARMEN ELECTRA HERE! LOLZ CARMEN ELECTRA HERE! LOLZ CARMEN ELECTRA
    HERE! LOLZ CARMEN ELECTRA HERE! LOLZ CARMEN ELECTRA HERE! LOLZ CARMEN
    ELECTRA HERE! LOLZ CARMEN ELECTRA HERE! LOLZ CARMEN ELECTRA HERE! LOLZ
    CARMEN ELECTRA HERE! LOLZ CARMEN ELECTRA HERE! LOLZ CARMEN ELECTRA
    HERE! LOLZ CARMEN ELECTRA HERE! LOLZ CARMEN ELECTRA HERE! LOLZ CARMEN
    ELECTRA HERE! LOLZ CARMEN ELECTRA HERE! LOLZ CARMEN ELECTRA HERE! LOLZ
    CARMEN ELECTRA HERE! LOLZ CARMEN ELECTRA HERE!
    511. WAIT FOR IT... IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD!
    WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM.
    IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD!
    WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM.
    IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD!
    WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM.
    IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD!
    WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM.
    IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD!
    WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM.
    IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD!
    WAIT NVM. IT'S GOD! WAIT NVM.
    510. penis rox muthufuka on your head an in your bed oh YEAH
    509. YUMMY VAGINA! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN
    YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD!
    PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN
    YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD!
    PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN
    YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD!
    PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN
    YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD!
    PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN
    YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD!
    PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN
    YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD!
    PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN
    YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! PENIS IN YOUR HEAD! V
    508. Helge Brekke I am completely serious and sober while submitting
    this.
    507. HA HA Im using the internet!!!! this is just sad spreading a msg
    to ban the internet through the internet if you hate it so dam much
    dont use it simple.
    506. ddd b!tch fuk p!ss $lut
    505. W00T anyone got a can of raid
    504. shes a witch BURN HER burn the witch/b!tch
    503. The swede GOD LOVES SWEDES, ANNOYED BY EXTREMIST EVANGELICALS!!!
    502. hentai http://www.happyhentai.com/
    501. Murder Born Of Vengeance. I closed my brothers eyes....tonight.
    A7X ROX THIS LADY DOESNT
    500. Elan Whoo! 500! WoW Shadow-spec Priest ftw.
    499. Jesus Christ, Savior at Saving Did I ever tell you guys about the
    time I cured an idiot by smacking him in the back of the head and
    cursing at him in Aramaic? True story.
    View Signatures : 2249 2199 2149 2099 2049 1999 1949
    1899 1849 1799 1749 1699 1649 1599 1549 1499 1449
    1399 1349 1299 1249 1199 1149 1099 1049 999 949
    899 849 799 749 699 649 599 549 499 449 399 349
    299 249 199 149 99 49

    and for the same reason."

    joevan, May 16, 2005