AD traffic/wins/dns/computer browsing across vlans

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by punisher, Nov 17, 2005.

  1. punisher

    punisher Guest

    I am trying to make sure that the cisco router and the switches that
    are in place creating our vlan's are setup correctly for our
    ad/wins/dns, and traffic so that machines can browse and authenticate
    properly.

    I read a post about enabling cisco IP Helper and some thought it was
    good while others said don't do it.

    Does anyone know the right answer? I believe right now we have issues
    where clients are not updating in My network places, so I may not see
    some if I browse from my machine or if I look at the servers.

    The other issue is that I have like 30 browsers on the network right
    now.

    Then I am getting various errors in the event logs on the windows
    servers so before I go chasing them, what is required for the traffic
    to flow across the vlans.
    Authentication works so people can login and stuff.

    But I get netlogon errors, this browsing problem, and a few other odd
    errors.

    punisher, Nov 17, 2005