    which contains all the mailboxes.
    Is there a way we can move all the objects or force them
    to replicate to our remaining dc's?
    Norm, Oct 31, 2003

  2. Norm

    Marko Guest

    however
    >they do not have a full schema. Non of the exchange
    >objects show up on the other domain controllers.

    snip

    >Is there a way we can move all the objects or force them
    >to replicate to our remaining dc's?
    >.

    Yes.

    The other domain controllers need to be made Global
    Catalogue servers.

    Then you could run ntdsutil and promote the five domain
    controller functions away from your PDC to one of the
    other servers.

    Basically - you need to take all the roles away from your
    first server before running dcpromo and making it a member
    server in the domain so that you can remove it.

    I'm guessing your DNS may not be running perfectly, so you
    will need to get that fixed firstly and make one of the
    new servers the primary name server for your zones and the
    other a secondary.

    Needless to say, I think you may be out of your depth on
    this one and should *strongly* consider employing the
    services of someone else for half a day to do this for you.

    All the best

    Marko
    Marko, Oct 31, 2003