    occures? Or should you force the replication?

    Thanks in advance.

    Rich
    Rich, Aug 2, 2004

  2. Rich

    Rick Guest

    Active Directory only updates GPO's that have changed. Basically Active
    directory places a serial number on every object which is maintained in the
    directory. When changes are made the objects serial number is incremented.
    This generates the replication within 5 minutes by default. 5 minutes is the
    value for replication within a site. A site being defined as a group of
    computers connected by a high speed network. Inter site replication can be
    changed using sites and services to a longer period of time or even off
    hours if you wish to replicate less often. The serial number is also used in
    cases where and object is modified my more then one person the change with
    the highest serial number is the change which stays in AD.

    This is pretty much from memory so it may not be 100% accurate. For the
    comprehensive information on active directory replication go to the
    Microsoft web pages and read the technical support information for 2000 or
    2003

    Rick

    Rick, Aug 2, 2004

  3. Rich

    Rich Guest

    Thanks for the information. The 5 minute interval and
    Serial numbers on the objects is what I was having a hard
    time finding.

    Thanks

    Rich

    Rich, Aug 2, 2004