    interenet.Running win 98.Any thing specific to look for to remove it. Been
    searching for over a week and cant find any suspicious files and virus scan
    comes clean

    ccc, Aug 31, 2003

  2. ccc

    YoKenny Guest

    ccc wrote:
    > wife somehow downloaded some crap and now have pop ups when ever I
    > log onto interenet.Running win 98.Any thing specific to look for to
    > remove it. Been searching for over a week and cant find any
    > suspicious files and virus scan comes clean

    Browser hijacking parasites.

    Get Ad-Aware and update to the latest reference file.
    Select all items detected and remove.
    You may have to reboot and rerun to completely remove the nasties.
    Lavasoft/Ad-aware home: http://www.lavasoftusa.com

    Get SpyBot Search & Destroy and update to the latest reference
    file.
    SpyBot home: http://security.kolla.de/
    SpyBot How-To: http://www.tomcoyote.org/SPYBOT/

    SpywareBlaster to prevent these nasties installing.

    You should update and run these at least once a week.

    YoKenny, Aug 31, 2003

  3. ccc

    Michael Guest

    This man speaketh the truth.
    You need both and they take care of the problem

    Michael, Sep 3, 2003