AD installation

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Michael, Nov 26, 2003.

  1. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Hi,

    I am an MCSE wannabe currently aiming for the 70-215.

    My problem is this- I am setting up a home lan to practise on.
    I have a Win2K server and when I try to install the AD I get a message that
    I need to
    install DNS first, I enter a DNS like url.net but get an error saying that
    the url can not be found.
    Not surprising at all since it is ficticous, my question is, how do I get
    around this?
    I tried to configure the DNS first also but got the same kind of message.

    How do I make a dummy url, or configure the DNS, so that the AD installation
    will buy it?

    Much Obliged for any answers.

    Michael
    Michael, Nov 26, 2003